Sunday, March 8, 2020

It's Time To Turn Your Clocks Back

March 8, 2020

Good morning.  Welcome to Daylight Saving Time.  Our days get longer now.  Woo Hoo!  I know it's a pain to have to be changing the clocks, but the longer days will be really nice.  Well, they're not actually longer, but it stays daylight much longer and that is the nice part.

Remember when we were little kids and we had to go to bed at bedtime even though it was still daylight outside?  Now that we're older it doesn't matter if it is daylight or not, we enjoy seeing bedtime roll around.  Of course, I may only be referring to my generation.  (over 75 group)

So, what have Audrey and I been up to?  Well, after lunch on Friday, we went shopping.  First stop was at JoAnn's yarn shop.  I bought some new yarn to start a poncho for Jazzy and Audrey bought some material to make a baby blanket.

Next stop was at WalMart to pick up a few supplies, and then back home.  After putting the groceries away, we lazed about and enjoyed the beautiful day.  Of course, Pogo is extra happy now because Auntie is here to lavish lots of attention on him.  He loves his aunties.

We spent all day Saturday crocheting and chatting and watching TV on my little laptop.  We caught up on all the episodes of "Worst Cooks in America" and we're part way through "Project Runway."  With my Xfinity To Go app, I can watch the programs that I had recorded on my TV at home anywhere.  Such a treat!

Here are photos of the yarn I picked out for Jazzy's poncho (Dee Dee, don't show this to Jazzy, it's a surprise), and a photo of  the poncho so far.  The colors are Gold and Fall.  Jazzy loves the Fall colors best, so these will be perfect for her.



Audrey is working on a much more difficult pattern.  She's making a circular vest for her granddaughter Alena, whose favorite colors are purple and pink.  Here's a photo (of a photocopy picture) of the pattern and the next photo is the project so far.  Before bedtime last evening, Audrey had already put in the armholes.  This is going to be really cute.



Today, we're going to the flea market, after which I'll have a chance to take some photos.  Pogo is going to love this outing.  He's a very social little fellow.  I'm hoping to be able to buy a couple more pair of my favorite flip flops.  I also want to look for a carton for mailing things back home.  I have the box that my yarn from home came in, but now there is also new yarn so I may need a bigger box.
I just peeked outside to see if daylight is starting yet, but it is still dark. (6:50 a.m.)  I guess this is the downside of daylight savings, but soon it will be light much earlier in the morning too.  I love the super long days.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  I'm going to play solitaire for a while before getting to my blog reading.  It's early and some folks haven't posted their blogs yet.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun, and that is some gorgeous yarn !
Sweet Pogo, enjoying his trip just as much as you, made me smile :)
Have a wonderful day Miss Edna.
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

Happy that you are back in the yarn business:) I love that kaleidoscope picture! Enjoy your day dear friend, it sounds like you are planning on doing just that! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

You are having fun with Audrey and it is so good to read. The fall colors for Jazzy are super.
Happy for you that ou feel happy LOL.
Take it all easy, do whatever you like to, relax and enjoy your stay and company!
Hugs
Kyra