Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Pretty Day Today

March 26, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and today promises to be a really nice day.  Let me start this post with an update on Jack Jack.  His mom says he has a bit more energy, but the healing is very slow.  I'll take that tiny improvement each day and say thank you. 

Are you like me?  Do you call your doggy all sorts of dumb names?  Pogo is used to me, whatever I call him, he responds.  Sometimes it's Pistachio, or Pasquale, or Mr. P, and even Dog Wog.  Pogo  seems to know that it's just a game. 

At the moment, his belly is full of breakfast and he is napping.  Oh wait, they are showing on of my favorite commercials on TV.  It's the one where the guy in the background is singing "I Want To Go Home."  It's put on by "Family, Pass It On."  I just love this commercial.

Today I have a couple photos that I took in Florida.  This first one is one of the snacks that we just could not pass up.  Different colored Peeps!  Grape, Watermelon and regular yellow.  Oh yum!


I took this other photo one day while I was in the car waiting for Audrey to come out of the market.  Even the landscaping around the parking lots is beautiful in Kissimmee.  This is one of the huge shrubs (more like a tree).  I don't know what it is but it is beautiful.


During the two weeks that I was gone, and all of last week, I got a ton of junk mail.  So I guess that will be today's project.  Go through and get rid of all of it.  Oh such fun!

Now I think I'll be getting on with today.  I'm going to call Deanne on my Portal before settling in to some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Every little step forward is good. So it will take some time for Jack to feel 100% again, but he is on the way.
The photo of the shrub/tree seems to me like it is an white oleander. I am not completely sure, but looks a lot like it.
I did some laundry and ironing today, tomorrow I will go grocerie shopping for a fw things again. Curious to experience how long that will take. (We have restrictions now on how many customers can go into the supermarket). So thaere are people waiting outside till it is their turn.
Oh, we also were used to call our cats sometimes by diffenret names, specially Jan liked to do that at times LOL.
You have a lovely day, till tomorrow.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We took photos of some of the flowers blooming when we hiked this morning! It has gotten so hot already that we really need to get out in the mornings now. Glad to hear your nephew is getting better. Take care of yourself my friend! Hugs, Diane

Anonymous said...

FYI the shrub/tree looks like it may be an Oleander. They are very popular here in South Texas and can be either dark or light pink as well as white. They are cold tolerant and require minimal care, so much so that they are the plant of choice on most of the highway medians in this part of Texas. Newer varieties are much smaller making them a favorite plant for home landscaping.

LV said...

Peeps are not for me. Much to sweet. Things around her not too good. We have so many restrictions,you are afraid to do anything.Best part the sun is shining but more rain coming later.

Theresa said...

So happy to hear that Jack is showing improvement. I don't have any animals but have nicknames for my Daughter's three pups:) It is really nice weather here and I am thankful to be able to get out of the house. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Peeps! I haven't seen a Peep in ages.

Like some of your other commenters said, the shrub is oleander. It's a beautiful plant but it's also poisonous, just FYI. So don't eat it! LOL