Saturday, March 14, 2020

Our Last Day Here

March 14, 2020

This is my second time around posting this morning.  My first post just did a disappearing trick.  Poof!  That's all she wrote!  There are days when I really hate the gremlin this Windows 10 keyboard!

I've been blogging since January 2008, and I never used to have this problem.  Lately, it seems to be happening all the time.  And I save everything, every few lines.  Somehow, that does not help.  When it poofs, it poofs!

There are no masks anywhere to be bought so Audrey made me one.  We used the material that I had bought to line the pocket on the gold poncho.  (the pocket that I decided not make)  


Well, it's not beautiful, but it does a good job of shutting out the air around me.  It keeps my mouth nice and warm and my glasses fogged up when I breath.  I really hate wearing masks, but I'll do the best I can with it till I get home.  

Gosh, I look like I'm going to rob a bank or something.  Don't I?`  The security at the airport will probably want to run my new mask through the xray machine to make sure I'm not hiding any trade secrets in it.  

Today I have a couple photos I took of the birds around here.  A beautiful Mockingbird and a Muscovy Duck.



Take a close look at the duck's bill.  Doesn't it look like there's a wolf head coming out of its mouth?

Well, this is our last day here.  We both leave early in the morning.  Audrey first, then me and Pogo.   The suitcases are almost all packed and ready to be put in the car.  Audrey's shuttle picks her up at 5:15 am, and we leave at 7:30 am to return the car.  A driver will be waiting to take Pogo and me to the airport.  

Here we go, we're on our way home!  (image borrowed from the web)

 
So, till Monday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.  Be safe.
Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your holiday is over already! Wasn't it too quick???
Oh well, soon the weather home will get better too(we can alays hope)
I had to laugh seeing our photo with the mask. It will probably not help, but you can always try it out. A few things are important:
If ou 'll have to cough, do it in your ellbow, use tissues to whip your nose, wash your hand perhaps a bit more frequently than normal.
Stay away from crowds as much as possible. Don't give hugs and shake no hands.
And hope the virus will not cath you.

Have a good flight back, arrive safe and healthy!
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Be safe my friend, happy that you have a mask to wear! Good job Audrey on the mask! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Terra said...

Be well. Nice to see your mask and the one on the airplane! Yes, I do see a wolf head on the duck bill.

Steve Reed said...

I hope you have a safe trip home. Is there any way to tighten up that mask? It looks a little loose for its purpose! (Very stylish, though.)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Edna, I Love that cool mask. Audrey is quite a sweetheart of a daughter. Safe traveling. A friend arrived in Maui today so many are still traveling the friendly skies. We are doing ok. Hanging out getting lots done when we can and the kids are working from home except for Nick who needs to get set up.
I am constantly catching up with my blogging but I Love it so I am sending more posts this weekend.
When I watch Harrison, Tuesday and Thursday, it is hard. He requires my attention because he needs me, he tells me. He clasps my hand and I am going on where. My daughter said to me, momma, he loves you so much. I Know, I said, the feeling is extremely mutual.
Rebekah and Zach did a corn beef with cabbage primarily in the InstaPot.It is smelling delicious. Lots of carrots and potatoes. She also has fresh bread. Getting spoiled.
You take care and stay safe and H E A L T H Y !
HUGS to you and Pogo and Audrey too.

Kathy said...

It seems as if you just got there. That was a quick vacation. I do see the wolf head on the duck's bill. That is clever how nature does things. Have a safe trip home.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that you and Pogo and Audrey all have safe and uneventful travel back home, Edna. It does seem like your getaway went by very fast. Thanks for sharing the photo of your mask.