Wednesday, March 4, 2020

I'm Learning New Things Every Day

March 4, 2020

Good morning.  It's going to be a warm one today.  At 5:30 a.m. the temperature was 64F degrees.  Today should get up into the high eighties.  Wowsie, I just learned something new about this little laptop.

Up to now, I haven't been able to find the "delete" key, but I did discover that touching the "backspace" key will delete whatever you turn blue.  Amazing!  However, I just found the missing "delete" key.  It's been hiding right there in plain sight, top row, right hand corner!  So why couldn't I find it before?

Yesterday, while waiting for my package from Anazon, I used my cell phone to take a few photos.  This is the view from my little screened in patio/porch.  It's such a joy to sit out here.


While I was busy playing solitaire on my little laptop, Pogo was enjoying a snooze on the chair near me.


I have to put a pillow and blanket on the chair because Pogo falls through the slats on the chair.  Or least he gets his legs stuck in them.  Not fun!  I had given him a bath and brushed his hair.  I guess that wore him out!    Why is he wearing his little shirt?  Because until the new medicine stops all the itch from allergies, I don't want him scratching any more of his hair away.  We may have to increase the medicine dose the next time he sees his doctor.  But it is definitely helping.

So what about my Amazon delivery?  It was guaranteed to arrive before 9 pm.  And it did.  Around eight o'clock last evening, the office called to say that it had just arrived and that they would bring it to me.  A few minutes later, I opened the package and this is what I got.  A charger that charges two batteries at once and two batteries.  Woo Hoo!


Yesterday's post was a bit choppy when I posted it.  First the page froze and I couldn't do anything to it, or even close it.  After trying everything, I finally shut the whole blog site down.  After a while, I went back in and it was there so I hit "publish."

My daughter Audrey called me to tell me that the post wasn't finished the way I usually sign off.  I went back in and found the whole last paragraph missing.  So I just typed my usual closing and re-published.

Now I'm off to find some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

kyra said...

Well, you learned again a bit of the laptop. Amazing, how apparantly simple things, but very needed, aren;t explained in a book for windows? Never mind, you found out some things and it works whoopee!
Pogo looks so cute and has a really happy face!
Wonderful that you have a good couch where you can sleep on, so not having to climb the stairs! I too find it quite exhausting nowadays to climb a stair( well, I am not used to it for many years, cause we live in a groundfloor appartment).
Weather here is quite nice, We had sunshine and when you are in the sun, you really feel already the warmth of it.
Going to play some Mahjong now and then it will be already dinner time.
Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice that the weather is cooperative and really great that your package arrived. The batteries look like they may be for a camera and having 2 charged at ince is very handy. Pogo did look very comfortable napping.😉

Andrea Charles said...

Aww, Pogo is such a cutie!! I wish him a speedy recovery! But that shirt quite suits him, and I loved his cute paw blanket too. The screened porch is fantastic, dear. Computers don’t listen to us sometimes, but you did find out what was missing, dear. Keep on learning and keep updating the journal, Edna!!