Friday, October 13, 2017

Taking A Short Stroll Down Memory Lane

October 13, 2017

Good morning.  It's 47F degrees here this morning.  Brrrrr!  The temperature is supposed to get up to about 62F degrees later on, but right now it is cooooool!  I hope it warms up soon because Deanne and I have an appointment at the shooting range this morning.  Part of our time there, we'll be learning how to clean our weapons. 

Yesterday was a busy day here opening packages that the mailman brought.  Stuff that I had ordered from a catalogue came, along with a package containing my new Christmas cards.  Woo Hoo!  Gosh, I really love my new cards.  I can't post one of them here because that would spoil all my fun for this Christmas. 

I got out my address book and was all set to start addressing just a few envelopes, but then I decided that it would be best to wait another two or three weeks to do this.  One year I had most of my envelopes finished really early, only to find that several people had moved to different addresses.  Then I had to put labels on the front of my envelopes and re-address them. 

When yesterday's newspaper got here, there was an article on the front page about an elderly man who lives a few towns over from here.  I started to read the article and got all excited.  This man and his family, were childhood friends.  I hadn't seen him since I was a very little girl.  He was only a baby then, and now he is seventy three years old.  Today, he goes by the name "Yellowman."


I went looking through my old photos for a special photo that was taken back in the mid-forties.  The photo is very old and rather fuzzy, but wow!  The memories it holds!   The second little boy in the front row of kids is Harold Jr (aka Yellowman).  To his right are his two sisters, and the woman in the back of us kids is Harold's mother.  The little boy on the far left (front row) is my brother Artie, and the first little girl behind him (on the left) is me.  The other kids are some of my cousins. 


Wow, what a grand time I had going through all my photos looking for this particular photo.  Of course, none of my household chores got done, but who cares!  I was having a grand old time reliving some super happy days.

Here's another happy photo that I dug out.  This was a rare photo, taken in June 1981, of my brother and I dancing together.  Gosh, I miss him!


One thing I did remember to do yesterday was to call up and reserve a table for the newest show at the Paris Cabaret.  They are currently performing "Fiddler On The Roof" and Jazzy will be playing Chava, the third of five daughters.  This was one of my hubby's favorite musicals.  We are going to see it on November 4th, and I can hardly wait.  Here is a photo of the entire cast.  Jazzy is on the left, in the middle row, wearing the long red sweater.  The lady in the front row is the owner of the Cabaret.


I dug out a few other fun photos that I will share here, but not today.  It's time for me to start getting ready to leave.  Deanne will be here soon.  I also need to take out a clean jersey for Pogo to wear today.  It's just a tad bit cool here, and the last thing Pogo and I need right about now is to catch a cold. 

On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I love your photos and the story about Yellow man... Wow that is awesome. I can actually see you dancing with your handsome brother. Oh my I know you had an awesome time going down Memory Lane!

I love it that your going to get to see Fiddler On The Roof with Jazzy. She is so awesome. All of the cast are, but Jazzy is special. xx

I called today, totally forgetting it was Friday. I knew you had plans, but my mind thinks that it is Thursday. Jonathan has been sick all week and made an appointment. He goes today at 3:30. He could have seen someone else but preferred to see his own doctor so he waited until he could do that.

I can't wait to hear how your adventure at the gun range went. You have an awesome day and give Pogo lots of licks and sniffs from Cisco and me.... Love, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

did manage today to read all the posts of this week and some of last week. Gosh, then you can see how quikly time passes. A week is nothing!
I didn;t have much time this week to read any blog, or do much at the computer. Things are pretty hctic overhere the last few weeks and that drains out a bit my energy at the moment. All will be well again in some time, it just needs the time .
Oh, you latest afghan is really yummie of color, and you are right to keep it for yourself(as you are really an orange color range lover LOL)
Forgive me for not commenting longer, but I just have not much time left today.
Take care of your shoulder(isn;t there anything that can be done to it to ease the pain?)
Hugs
Kyra