Thursday, October 19, 2017

An Awesome Day For Pogo And Me

October 19, 2017

Good morning.  This morning is looking just beautiful outside my door.  Temps are almost up to sixty degrees, the sun is shining and there is a light breeze.  It's going to be another gorgeous day here in New England. 

Well, my goodness, yesterday was a day filled with lots of wonderful surprises.  Shortly after I finished posting here, Deanne and Janice stopped by, and brought Aurora with them.  They were going to the park but thought they would stop here first.  Oh my, Aurora is just so precious!  And she just loved "Cat Cat" (that's Pogo).  They have two cats at her house, so I guess that explains why she decided that Pogo was Cat Cat.    hahaha I love it!

Here are some photos that Janice took.  To the left is the proud Grandma (Dee Dee), and the rest need no explanation.  As you can see, Pogo and I were still in our jammies.



When they left here, they headed for a local park, where Aurora got to ride on the swings and feed the geese and pigeons. 


Next on the agenda was a shopping trip.  A girl is never too young to learn how to shop, and Aurora seems to really love it!


Janice also sent me a photo of her holding Xander, Aurora's younger brother.  He is such a happy baby!  Gosh, did I mention how blessed I am?


Not too long after they had left here, Pogo and I were surprised with more wonderful visitors.  My dear friends from Florida, Rhoda and Marshall, stopped by for a visit.  They were up here to visit with their son, and made time to visit with us too. 

Gosh, I am so glad they came by.  It was so good to see them again, and they finally got to meet my little guy, Pogo in person.  We had a wonderful time chatting and catching up on each other's news and revisiting some wonderful memories.  Too soon, it was time for them to leave.  Travel safely my friends.

After they left, I finally got around to washing the dishes, and doing a couple other small things around here before Joe texted me to say that he would be home shortly and for Pogo to be ready for his treat.  After that, Joe had to go back to work.  Of course Pogo was ready!!

Later in the afternoon, DIL Janet came by after work, and we had a really lovely evening together.  The blanket (afghan) that she is working on is coming along nicely.  She is already up to the half way point.  Her nephew is going to be thrilled with it.  I have about twenty eight more rows to go and my "Orange Sherbet" afghan will also be finished. 

Needless to say, Pogo and I slept rather well last night.  It was a super nice day for both of us.  Well, that's my news for this morning.  Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
What an awesome photo's that you have. I love them all, but the one of her holding the hat and the basketball is just to precious for words.

So glad that your friends were able to stop by and see you. Nothing better than old friends, old and new memories. I am hoping they have a safe trip home as well.

Give "CatCat" hugs and licks from me and Cisco. We are going to go back to bed. I hope you enjoy Project Runway tonight.... Rest well my friend.... Love, Beth and Cisco xxxx