Monday, October 16, 2017

Is Free Really Free?

October 16, 2017

Good morning.  Today is starting off as another cloudy day.   However, it is still nice outside.   Hmmm, I wonder what just happened.  I was typing and all of a sudden my page disappeared and Google page came up.  What???   Either ghosties are playing games with me today or my computer has a mind of its own. 

I must have been really tired last night because I turned the light out early and slept late this morning.  The nice long sleep felt really good.  Pogo didn't even wake me up this morning.  But, when I woke up, he was sitting in his chair just looking at me.  I got right up and made him some breakfast. 

This morning I looked up Skillshare, a place for creative folks to learn how to do things.  (Thank you Snowy, for this information.)  There is so much there for anyone who wants to keep learning.  However, you do have to pay to join or you can't look around at much of what is offered.  In one place, it said to join up for free, so I did.  I put in my name, email and password, but it wouldn't let me go any further unless I also put in my credit card information.  That's when I left that site.  As far as I'm concerned, it is not free if they need my credit card information.  Maybe I'll take another look another day to see if I read it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for what I want.  Just don't try to tell me it is free, then ask for payment or credit card information.  Free is supposed to mean no money or payment.  At least that's what I always thought.  Hmmm, are things that different nowadays?

Today I thought I would share some more photos from "memoryville."   This first photo is one I had taken of my four oldest kids back in the seventies.  From left to right, they are Deanne, Gary Jr, Kerri and Audrey. 


One summer, back then, I took them on a vacation to New Hampshire.  We rented a cabin near a pond and had a really nice time.  Here I am on vacation.  I look so serious, I must have been watching the kids. 


Another photo that I dug out is one of me and my best friend, Ginny May.  I met her when I first went into ninth grade and we were best friends for the next forty plus years till she passed away.  In the photo (taken in the eighties), Ginny and I were getting ready to leave (we drove) for Nashville, Tennessee.  We had an awesome time and went back again another year.  (that's me in the pink sweats)


The second time we drove to Nashville, was to spend a week at Fan Fare, a week where most all the country singers gather and put on concerts and meet their fans.  Wow!  We saw two or three concerts a day, had lots of great food and met lots of the stars.  We even had our picture taken with some of them.  We went to local night clubs, and looked in all the local shops for goodies to bring home.  Today, I still drink coffee from my Nashville mug.

I don't have much planned for today.  I'll put away the laundry that I did yesterday and maybe push the vacuum around a bit.  The dust bunnies are already protesting but I really must do this.  Although I have to be honest, when I get finished you won't be able to see the difference.  House work is just not my cup of tea. 

Well, I guess I've babbled enough for today.  Now it's time to get dressed and do a bit of work around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
I had such a good time reading your Memoryville. What great pictures. Your kids! They are all so cute! And what a time you and your best friend had in Nashville. I wish that I had that much energy. Even in my 20's I wouldn't have been able to keep up with you and Ginny! You must miss her so much.
I loved the one of you sitting out looking so serious! Probably making sure the kids were behaving themselves lol.

I really don't like thinking of dust bunnies and vacuum cleaners and dishes lately lol. I would much rather be doing something else. But it isn't like I have anyone around to do it for me so I have to at some point get up and move it all around hee hee...

I am sorry I missed your call last night. I was on the other line and couldn't switch over and by the time that I finished that call I thought it might be to late to call you back and now I am glad that I didn't as I would have woken you up. Enjoy your company today. It is always good to see old friends.

Cisco and I don't have much plans for today. We went on a walk yesterday and guess what? He behaved himself and even let a man pet him. I was apprehensive at first, but the man reached down and started petting before I could stop him. We talked a minute about his attitude and he said he was such an animal lover that animals gravitate to him. I am a bit of a skeptic. I am not sure about Cisco. Not when we are out on walks and such. I keep a tight reign on him but this man petted before I could say stop.
It worked out I guess. By the time that the man was going to his car, Cisco wanted to go too. Jonathan has been taking Cisco on short rides and he is liking that. They went to the ATM the other day. Jonathan attempted a trip with him to Pet Smart. That didn't go over so well. Jonathan said, ever try carrying a 30 pound dog that is fighting to get down to get to another one and a bag of dog food? He managed tho, but I bet he thinks twice about taking him into Pet Smart again lol.

Opp's I better get off here. Didn't realize this was so long. Have a fantastic day my friend and enjoy friends, fun and laughter... Hugs, Beth and Cisco...