Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Life Can Be So Amazing!

October 10, 2017

Good morning.  What a lovely morning it is here in New England.  The sun is shining, temps are in the seventies and there's a nice breeze.   A gal just couldn't ask for more.  There are a few puddles here and there, but the rain is done for a while. 

Yesterday was a quiet day for Pogo and me.  I finished the Lemon and Lime afghan, washed a few dishes and started a new afghan.  The colors for this one are a medium and a light orange with a tangerine variegated yarn.  I'll take a photo when I get a bit of each color worked on it. 

Almost forgot, I did a load of laundry too.  There were a few items that need to be hand washed, so I'll do them today.  Maybe I'll wash a couple scatter rugs too.  Plus, it's almost time to wash all of Pogo's blankets again.  I like to keep them clean and fresh. 

Speaking of Pogo, I dug a couple photos out of my archives that I took of him five years ago.  I'd only had him a short while and already he'd brought me so much joy.  Look at this little darling.  I think this might have one of his first toys.  He loved snuggling into it.



***I just took a short break to let the burner cleanout guys in.  Hopefully, I won't have to be putting the heat on in the house any time soon, but at least I'll be ready.  So far, the days are okay, but a few of the nights have been cool enough for the heat. 

I'm keeping an eye out for the mailman too.  I have a couple birthday cards to get in the mail.  Two of my great grandchildren have recently had birthdays, and they celebrated together this past weekend.  I thought I might be able to make it to the party, but I did not.  Gosh, these little ones are growing up so fast!  My first great granddaughter is in high school now, and my first great grandson is in junior high school.  Hmmm, either time is flying by quickly, or I'm a lot older than I think I am!

There was another interesting article in the newspaper the other day.  A lady in Weymouth, Mass. celebrated her 109th birthday on October 7th.  Wowsie!!   Ms. Shulenburg has lived through two World Wars and seen twenty presidents in her lifetime.  She first learned to drive with a Model T when she was sixteen years old.  What an amazing lady!  What an interesting life!

I guess that's enough of my chit chat for today.  I need to go out in the house and pay the bill for the furnace cleaning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
What sweet photos of Pogo and gosh it was so sweet that he liked to cuddle with his toy. My Cisco loves his toys.

Just caught up on your blog from day before yesterday. I didn't get on the computer at all yesterday. It was a busy day for me and when I got home I laid down and rested until Jon came home.

Tomorrow is my eye surgery so I will be offline for a couple of days. I think that I will go and update my blog. Have an awesome day. Hugs to you and Pogo.... xoxoxoxo Beth and Cisco