Sunday, October 1, 2017

Brrrr, Just A Bit Too Nippy For Me!!

October 1. 2017

Good morning.  Tis a wee bit cool - brrr, brrr, brrr, only 42F degrees at the moment.  Temps should get up to the mid sixties later today.  Much as I don't want to, it's time to put the heat back on.  At least for the night times.  Tomorrow I'll be calling to make an appointment to have the furnace cleaned out. 

Have you noticed?  The month of September has slipped right on by, and now it is October.  Goodness, the year will be slipping by quickly now.  Here is the October page from my calendar.


Well, Pogo and I have been busy these past two days.  We've been spending time out on the porch.  Pogo keeps busy watching for visitors and the mail truck.  I've been busy crocheting.  Friday evening, I finished the Tuscan Gardens hat and scarf set.


I took a photo of my target from Friday morning's practice.  As I said, it's not as good as I had hoped for, but all things considered, it's not bad.


I couldn't wait to open the box of yarn that arrived on Friday.  Oooh, ooh, ooh, such yummy colors!  Here's a photo of the open box.


Don't these colors remind one of breakfast?  Melons and orange juice?  The pink yarn peeking out on the side is for the hooded vests that I am going to attempt to make for my two youngest great granddaughters.  Notice the word "attempt."  I read over the pattern, and I'm not so sure that I understand all of it.  I'll have to read it over again.

Last night, I took the Citrus Green yarn, the Daffodil Yellow yarn and the Citrus variegated yarn, and started a new afghan.  The yarn feels wonderful as you work with it.  Imagine curling up in a whole afghan? 

Pogo's hair has been getting long and thick again, and it covers his eyes sometimes.  I got out a pair of small scissors and tried to trim some of the hair on his face so that I could see his eyes.  Goodness me, my little guy now looks like a tiny red fox.  The hair cut could be better, but he is still beautiful to me.  Here's a photo I took while we were sitting out on the porch.


I have a couple more photos, but I'll save them for tomorrow.  To my friend Snowy, thank you for the link to Lisa Parker's site.  Folks, Lisa Parker painted the design on the cat tee shirt that I posted this past Tuesday.  Oh wowsie!  I had a look at some of the work on this woman's web site, and it is simply gorgeous!

Now I'm going to make a fresh, hot cup of coffee.  These old bones need a bit of warming up.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I am envying your yarn. Such beautiful colors. I am knitting an afghan for a full sized bed. It sure keeps me warm as I work on these chilly mornings. Hope you have a great evening. Pogo is cute with his haircut.

Unknown said...

Oh Edna Pogo is a cutie and his new hair cut is wonderful. He's getting his winter coat ready!
I was so happy that you heard from Star. I know how worried you were about her and Bless Her, she's been through so much. Praying for you Star!
I am not doing well sleeping. It's 4:30 in the morning. I have tried numerous times to relax but nothing is helping.
Those yarn colors are very beautiful. They do remind me of breakfast. I couldn't pick a favorite. They are all just gorgeous.
Nathan left for work with a sore throat. He came home tonight with a fever. A pretty bad one too so I will have to try and stay my distance because my immune system is so low. I have plenty of masks from my doctor so I will use them.
I am going to lay down and try to sleep. I hope I can because I really want some computer time tomorrow and not sleep too late. Hugs to you and Pogo. XXxX Beth

Phoebes World said...

I love your crochet and cant wait to see what you make from your new yarn. The colours are absolutely gorgeous....but Im sorry.. Pogo stole the whole blog post. He is sooo cute
Have a great week and stay warm
Blessings from 80/90 degrees California (phew!)
Phoebe x

smiekeltje said...

We too have to put on the central heating in the evening, and sometimes for a short while during the day, just to warm it up a bit.
Today we have real hard wind, might get to storm along the coast.
But should lie down in the later afternoon.
Love the colors of the yarn box. Very summer but also already kind of autumn.
And Pogo looks handsome as ever!
Hug