Thursday, October 12, 2017

Goodness, Only 74 Days Till Christmas!

October 12, 2017

Good morning.  Tis sunny and a bit cool right now, but it will warm up in a few hours.  Pogo and I already went outside for a short walk in the yard, then came right back in.  Pogo was still in his jammies and I was wearing my bathrobe.  What a lovely sight that must have been!!

DIL Janet came by last evening and we had a lovely visit.  Goodness, the new afghan (actually a double bed size blanket) that she is making is coming along really beautiful.  I'll have to take a photo when she gets a bit more of it done. 

I'm looking at the calendar, and do you realize that there are only seventy four more days till Christmas?  Only sixty one days till Hanukkah?  That means that there are even less days left to do our shopping, wrapping, making, etc.  If you haven't already, now is a good time to get started.  Me, I do this all through the year.  That's why I have a gift tote with a little notebook inside that lists everything I've bought or made and who it is for. 

I've been trying to think of what I did yesterday that may have been memorable, but nothing comes to mind.  Hmmm, I never realized how exciting retirement would be!!  Well, at least I got through the whole day without needing to take a nap.  I guess that's something!

Last evening, I worked on my new afghan for a while.  Gosh, this one is soooo yummy looking!  Here's a photo of it that I took yesterday afternoon.  It's almost twice this size now.


When I finish this afghan, I think I'll make some more little red baby hats before I start another big project.  I should probably look up the statistics on babies born locally on Valentines Day to see how many hats I would need to make.  Hmmm, hopefully not too many.

Right now, I'm chuckling.  A Blue Jay just flew to the roof over the front porch (by the front door to the main part of the house) and he just sat there for a few moments looking towards my door.  I think perhaps he was just trying to let me know that the bird feeder is empty and would I please fill it.  Actually, I'll even put out another bowl of peanuts.  All the birds and the little critters love them.  The Blue Jays can smell a peanut from a distance I think.  As soon as I put them out, the Blue Jays show up immediately.

Before I forget, if anyone is thinking of making a blog book, now is a great time to do this.  They are currently having a great sale at Blog2print.  From now through October 17th, they are offering 25% off any order.  Have fun!

Well, that's all my news for this morning.  I'm off to get some birdseed and peanuts to take outside.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: