Thursday, October 5, 2017

It's Not Too Early To Give Santa A Helping Hand

October 5, 2017

Good morning.  Gosh!  I was so tired last night that I slept really good.  I woke up this morning around seven and decided I was not ready to get up and so I fell back to sleep.  I guess I must have really needed that sleep. 

Today is really lovely.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 71F degrees, with promises of reaching eighty degrees this afternoon.  For the next five days, temps should be in the upper seventies.  Woo Hoo!  I love it!

The jeweler called yesterday to say that my things would be ready by mid afternoon.  One of his children is in the hospital, so he has been getting a bit behind on his work.  I told him not to worry, I'd wait until today to come by.  So that's what Pogo and I will be doing this afternoon.  At least that's the plan. 

I still have to wait for the burner clean out men to show up.  If they don't get here by 1 p.m. then I may have to change my plans till tomorrow.  The late afternoon traffic gets rather busy, not to mention the school buses are on the road and that slows the traffic down.

Yesterday was a nice lazy day for Pogo and me.  Then DIL Janet came by after work and we had a lovely visit.  We ordered spinach pizza for our supper, and then crocheted while we watched TV and chatted.  I finished the red and black hat and scarf set.  This afternoon, I'll try to take a photo of it to share. 

Pogo and I went out in the yard for a while yesterday to see what is still blooming.  The pink Knock Out roses are still looking rather pretty.  There were a few other stragglers hanging in there too. 



The dahlias are still blooming too.  I did take a couple photos of them but I still have to crop them.  I'm hoping that next year I will be able to spend more time taking care of the plants.  I really love looking at them when they are in bloom.

Yesterday, I received an envelope filled with goodies from the children at St. Joseph's Indian School.  It also included a letter with photos of some of the children, along with their wishes for Christmas.  They want the same things that all children want.  A bike, a Barbie doll, a board game, a basket ball, roller skates, a skateboard, Legos, a bead set, a jewelry box and a remote control car.  This is just a few of the things they will be hoping that Santa will bring this year. 

My next few trips out to shop, I'll pick up a few of these things to give Santa a helping hand.  If anyone is interested in donating please visit the Children's Wish List online at www.stjo.org/wishlist.
You'll feel good about it, Santa will really appreciate your help, and the children will be so very happy.

Now I think I'll freshen up my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading while I wait for the burner cleanout men to show up.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: