Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cooler Temps On The Way

October 24, 2017

Good morning.  Well, today is comfortably warm, seventy degrees, but it will be mostly cloudy with spurts of rain.  We already had some rain during the night, and as the day goes on we will be getting more rain.  Actually, it should be rainy for the next two days too.  And a little cooler.  Sad to say, Indian Summer may be starting to fade away.

Yesterday was rather quiet for Pogo and me.  We got to spend some time out on the porch, and we even had a little walk in the yard.  I did a bit of holiday crocheting, and finished another nappy cover.  This one is Periwinkle Blue.   I just have to buy the buttons (two) and sew them on. 


Next I started another nappy cover, using the Black and Red yarn.  I finished this one last night.  I'll have to take a photo with my regular camera because my cell phone doesn't take very good photos of the color red. 

I got an email about a nice sale at Vista Print, so I really must get those calendar photos finished today.  Once I get the calendars, I can start wrapping and boxing a few holiday items.  I also need to go shopping and pick up something nice for my daughter Laura Jean.  Her birthday is coming up really soon.  She'll be fifty two years old.  Aye yi yi!  She's my youngest.  Goodness, where have all the years gone???

Yesterday we got a photo of Pogo's little friend Cisco showing us his new bed.  Gosh, he looks like a really happy camper all stretched out with his blanket.  Looking good, Cisco!  Enjoy it!  Pogo sends you lots of woofs and a great big lick!


Wow, I think the wind just picked up a bit.  I looked out my door, and the leaves on the trees out front are doing an energetic version of the Salsa dance.  Woo Hoo!  Gosh, if only I could move half as good as those leaves move!!

I already had a lot of leaves on the ground, but now there are quite a few more of them.  Soon I'll have to get someone to start piling the leaves up and bagging them.  We'll have to pick a day that's not quite so windy. 

Yesterday I sat down with my yarn catalogue and tried to decide on the colors for the next afghan.  Gosh, this is so difficult!!  I guess I'll just have to order two sets of colors and make two afghans.  Of course, there's no rush to finish them in any hurry.  It's just good therapy for my hands. 

So I guess my two projects for today will be to work on the calendar photos and to order some new yarn.  I can live with that.  Who am I kidding?  These are both super fun projects!

Now I'm going to finish my coffee and then it will be time to wash the dishes.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Just stopping by to say hello and update on my rare illness. There's not very much time in my daily routines these days because I have to go to dialysis 3 times a week and 3 1/2 hours on the machine. I also has to go to the lab and rheumatologist once a month now also. It's like having a part time job, but life itself is like a job. You have to give it all you have and keep praying for the best. I am now using medical transportation and they get me there atleast 2 hours before my sitting time and this is very stressful. I will drive to the grocery store atleast once a month but not dialysis because I am very weak when I finish with the treatments and sometimes cramps are very bad. I am feeling a bit stronger than I was last month but I still have the weakness and nerve tingling in my feet sometimes. It's getting better....take care and hug Pogo for me. Hope to come again soon.

Annesphamily said...

I always forget to tell you that you should visit Sandee in California at Comedy Plus on blogspot. She hosts the Aw....Mondays and folks share cute photos of pets etc. I saw the photo of Pogo's friend Cisco and thought you should come join the fun.

I love hearing your stories. Your blog is such a pleasant place to be. Your stories are just so fun to read because you are one of the nicest people I know here. When I first came over here you were working for the Mrs. and I knew you were such a genuine person because you were so kind and the Mrs. was not the nicest person. I guess she was not well but still, sometimes just spreading a bit of kindness goes a long long way.

Take care my friend.

HUGS