Sunday, November 11, 2012

What A Gorgeous Sky This Morning!

November 11, 2012

Good morning.  Wow, what a pretty sky we had early this morning.  A little before 7 a.m. I looked out to see what the weather was like and noticed a sky full of what appeared to be lumpy light gray clouds.  I got my camera to take some photos, but once I was outdoors I realized that the sky had lots of colors in it. 

Have you ever taken the time to really look at the sky and the clouds?  There is so much beauty there, and you can look at it all you want for free.  Imagine that.  Fabulously gorgeous art, and it's free.  All you have to do is look up.  Here's a photo of this morning's sky.  Isn't this beautiful?


I had the White Balance on my camera set on "cloudy".  I don't usually remember to change this setting, but today I remembered.  I find that when I use the proper white balance setting, I get a better photo.  Geesh!  It took me long enough to figure this one out!  I'm thinking I might re-take the digital photography class at our local college.  I'll get more out of the class now that I've learned a bit more about my camera.

Tomorrow, I'll be posting the first two parts of our new collab kit, "Pass The Stuffing Please".  Yup, you guessed.  This fun kit will focus on Autumn and Thanksgiving.  But, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for a preview.

I signed up again to participate in the Secret Santa Soiree.  Last year was my first time, and I really enjoyed it.  This is such a fabulous way to meet new people.  Now I can't wait to see who my secret partner will be. 


Well, that's all the chit chat for this morning.  Tonight is another work night, so I'll be wanting to have me a nap.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That sky photo is just gorgeous!
It would make a perfect background/overlay I think. And yes, we do forget sometimes(or may be often) that a lot of things are still really free in this world, including the wonders of nature.
Oh, must be fun to be in the Secret Santa soiree!
Have a splendid day!
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

I stopped by way too early yesterday, but then never got back to see your post...I was really lazy yesterday with football, Nascar races and fights, football and more football! And Snacking! I love Sundays!! LOL!
The photo of the clouds are gorgeous, we had some yesterday that brought us a small trace of rain,but after the front finally made it through, it dropped temps almost 50 degrees by this morning!
Have a great day! Good Luck with your Secret Santa! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Such a beautiful sky! I seldom think to change the white balance setting - shame on me! All those buttons and bells and whistles that never get used.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Ok, Queen of the moon and bird...now you're going to be Queen of the sky photos....absolutely gorgeous!