Sunday, November 25, 2012

Creatively Photographing A Planet

November 25, 2012

Good morning world.  The sun is shining, and it's a beautiful day.  Yes, it's cold, only about 31 degrees F, but that's to be expected this time of year.  What's not expected, is that gorgeous little red rose blooming outside my door.  I will have to take photos later this morning.

In my whole life, I don't recall being able to see so many different planets visible to the naked eye like we can now.  Most every night, there is a huge bright star up in the sky and with a bit of research I find that it is a planet.

Once I'm in the warm house, I don't like going outside just to get a photograph.  But this morning I just could not help it.  The star was so big and bright, and begging to be photographed.  After checking on Google, I think this is the planet Venus.  If you know otherwise, please let me know.

I got a lot of photos of just squiggles (no tripod), and finally had to lean against my car and hold the camera against the top of the car.  This is not so easy when you are five feet tall, and sometimes your photos are pot luck.  Here's my best shot at 6:10 a.m. this morning.


Sorry it's crooked, but it's the best I could do at the time.  When you hold your camera up over your head you can't see what's in the view finder.  I took the photo into Photoshop, and rotated and cropped it.  Here's my final view.  Look closely and see the other little star right by the top telephone wire.  (middle of photo)


For those who don't know, you can click on any photo posted on my blog and it will get bigger.  Makes it much easier to see details. 

I had a good night at work last night.  The Mrs went to bed fairly early, and I was able to play a bit on the laptop.  Actually, I designed two more Christmas gifts, and uploaded them to Vista to be printed.  Hmmm, I just had another idea for a gift.  Can't tell you though, you never know who's reading here. 

Today, my goal is to wrap just two gifts.  This is not a favorite task, so I tend to procrastinate and then nothing gets wrapped.  So I will use a little psychology on myself.  I can handle wrapping just two, so that's where I'll start. 

Once this year's gifts are wrapped, I'll start working on next year's gift list.  You can laugh, but doing it this way makes it very affordable for me.  I work on it all through the year, setting things aside a little here and a little there.  This also makes it a lot more fun for me.

Now I want to have a look to see what's for breakfast.  My little guy is curled up next to me, waiting patiently for his breakfast.  I am so glad to have Pogo in my life.  He just bubbles over with love.  If I didn't have to work I'd call the shelter to see if they had another little guy like my Pogo.    Right now, I can't do that because I rely on sitters for when I have to work.  Someday.

That's all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morming !!! Love the photo. Have A great day Mom I Love you
Rummagebaby

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I can see Venus as well, not a surprise, but I never thought about trying to take a picture. I am too lazy to get a tripod out so I can't even get a clear picture of the moon. Your picture is great even being crooked adds pizazz to it :) You are a true lover of nature and the heavens.

I was walking Izzi last night and a man and his dog came by ... his dog was off leash and came running at us. Izzi and the dog had a loud snarling exchange. If I hadn't had Izzi on leash the fur would have been flying. Izzi takes her job as family protector very seriously ... I love her for that. As for the man and his dog, I told him his dog should be on leash and he blew me off ... some people don't know the meaning of the word considerate.

I love how you manage your Christmas shopping ... shopping all year makes all of the sense in the world. I do that too except I don't go out looking for gifts, I just buy things when I see something I think is perfect for someone I know. When I tell my husband it is a Christmas gift, he laughs ... hey, it's true:)

Today is a lazy day for me ... no more raptor classes, so I can do what I want. I am sure I will work on more Christmas stuff ... I do need to get things done soon. Hope you and Pogo are having a nice weekend. He is adorable. I am like you in that I would love to bring more animals into our family, but it isn't practical. At my age one never knows who is going to outlive who. So it's probably better for them to find a younger, more permanent home. You have a wonderful day Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol