Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Memorial Day Weekend

May 29, 2010
*
Oh me, oh my. It's looking like another simply gorgeous morning here in our part of New England. Yesterday was just fabulous, and today is promising more of it. It's Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S.A. It's a time for remembering and celebrating the men and women who have made it possible for us to enjoy our freedom. It's a day to remember friends and loved ones who have passed on, and to place flowers and wreaths on their graves. It's a day to celebrate our freedom with family and friends.

All across America today, folks are setting up their barbecue grills. Folks everywhere will be gathering to enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers and steaks. Some salad and chips, a few sodas and beers, along with a few mosquitoes and ants tossed in for good luck, and Voila! It's barbecue time!! This weekend kicks off the official start of the summer season here in the U.S.

Yesterday afternoon, I did all my errands on my way home from work, put away the groceries, picked up my Tootsie, and we were off to watch my grandson's baseball game. The weather was perfect, and I was able to get a lot of nice photos. And while our team did not win the game, we all had a great time. Tomorrow, I'll have some of the photos to share with you.

Today's photos are a bit different. While I was at work yesterday, I looked out the window saw a couple of little birds sitting on stems on a bush. I grabbed my camera and started clicking away. When I looked at the photos later, surprise! surprise! It was lunch time for the baby birdies.

The photos aren't my best given that they are taken through the window, and the reflections on the glass don't make for clear shots, but still they are worth sharing.

"Daddy, I'm hungry."

"Here's some lunch, son."



"Wait here, I'll get some more."
Wowee, I wish these had been better shots. I have been waiting a long time for an opportunity like this. Unfortunately it came at a time when I was not prepared. Maybe another time.
*
Well, I have a bit of laundry to do now. Got to have clean clothes for work! After that, Tootsie will be looking for her lunch. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: