Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Day For Thoughts

May 15, 2010
*
The sun is shining this morning, and there's a soft breeze. Once it warms up a speck, I just might go out and pull up some weeds to make room for my new flowers. My irises are all budded, so pretty soon I will be able to take more photos of my garden.

Last night, I did manage to work on some new QP's. This lack of interest in things does not come from the moon's phases or a horoscope reading, as some might think. It comes from a sense of loss. I suppose there are lots of folks like me who just don't adjust well to all sorts of change. People and places change, and when they do it affects everyone and everything around them. My comfort zone has been uprooted, and it leaves one with a sense of homelessness. Nuff said.
*
Today's photo is a reflection on life's changes. It's titled "Loss."






When I was working on my Master's Degree, one of the things I majored in was Personal Loss. At that time, there were no support groups to help one get over the loss of a loved one or worse yet, a missing child. Since I was in need of this type of group, I focused my efforts on trying to help others with the same needs.
*
One of my own babes was missing and I was floundering in a sea of devastation. That's what it feels like. You don't know what to do or where to turn for help. You can't understand why there is no help. You go on day by day, and routinely do whatever you are supposed to do to keep functioning. The pain just gets bigger and bigger. But that is another whole story, and fortunately for me, it had a happy ending that took thirteen years to find me.
*
I am a survivor, and I will bounce back from the blues. I have people (and Tootsie) who need me. Being needed is the first step to healing. So for all of you who are experiencing any sort of personal loss, look around you and be thankful for those who still need you. And talk to God. He is a great listener and healer.
*
Time to come off my soap box. I have a new freebie for you. This is a little kit I made for the May color challenge at our forum. It's called "Pansy Patch. I have broken it up into three parts so that the downloads are not too huge. Today, you can have Part One. I hope you use it.
*
I'll be off now to start my day. Soon it will be lunch time, plus I need to make sure all my laundry is done. Tonight is a work night. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"Pansy Patch" Part One

4 comments:

Snowy said...

Hey Edna , what wrong? You sound so negative. Wanna have a chat? If you want I give you a call, so we can talk. Just let me know when it suits you. Hugs Snowy

Nani said...

Edna, you gave me a little worried too! This is not at all your normal bubby tone! {{hugs}} I hope what's bringing the melancholy is resolved pretty quick for you.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on May. 16, 2010. Thanks again.

Deb said...

Thank you for sharing your emotions. I am going through a difficult time and you've reminded me that I'm not the only one in the world to feel the way I do. The blues can feel so isolating.
I also want to thank you for sharing your kit. It is so pretty. Your beautiful photography also cheered me up.