Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Bit Of Whimsy For You

May 20, 2010
*
This morning is quite sunny, thank you. I guess the rains came and went and somehow I missed them. It was drizzly with lots of light rain here and there, but nothing too bad. Today though, seems like a good day to do a bit of work in my little garden. Yup, sounds like a plan.

There are some pretty yellow irises blooming now with lots of weeds mixed in. Hmmm. Looks like I really do need to do a bit of work here. If only I could wiggle my nose and make it all nice!! Here's a photo of one beautiful yellow iris.




Here's a close-up of that yellow fuzz in the center.
Pretty, yes? (I deepened the color in Photoshop so it would show up better.) In another month we should have lots of orange tiger lilies everywhere. There should be some pink Asian day lilies too.
*
Have any of you been visiting my friend Kyra's blog lately? Oh I hope so. She has been offering some really beautiful quick pages as freebies. If you like fairies and fantasy, you'll love these. http://smiekeltje.blogspot.com/. Don't forget to say hello and thank you.
*
For your freebie today, I thought I would offer a bit of whimsy. I just love these little dolls. I really can't say why, but I do. They are just the sweetest little sad sacks!! I'm off now. Soon it will be time for lunch. After that, I think Miss Tootsie and I will go outside to work a bit in the garden. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 027"

2 comments:

Nani said...

I love that yellow iris! Just beautiful!

I thought your photo of the tree shredder spitting out wood chips was pretty cool! When we are putting up the Christmas tree, when it's half up and there is just a bottom with a cut off top, we call it a "Toledo Edison Chirtmas Tree." :)

Have a great day!!

smiekeltje said...

Hello Edna
You're pictures of flowers are abosolutely stunning! Oh thanks for promoting my blog LOL!
If you go pulling out some weeds, perhaps you also take a nice break and sit out in the fesh air in your garden, may be even with your laptop, but you must take the chance when weather is nice! Catch a bit of sunburn!
Have a lovely day
Hugs
P.S. Those characters on your QP are really great!