Friday, May 15, 2020

It Feels Like Spring Today

May 15, 2020


Good morning.  Tis sunny and 62F degrees with hopes of getting into the low seventies today.  Of course, we're also expecting rain for a few hours this afternoon.  But, then the sun is supposed to come back out after that.  We'll just have to wait and see.

A reader suggested that I make my comments section a "popup"  I did change the settings so that it will do this.  I hope this makes it easier for you.  Let me know if it works okay.

I often forget that not everyone who stops by to read my blog knows who Jazzy is.  She's my youngest grandchild, and she's been such a blessing to all of us.  I keep a couple of my favorite videos of her singing at the Cabaret on my desktop.  Whenever I need a little boost, I play one.  I'm sure I've posted this video before, but let me share it again.  Jazzy is the girl on the left in the dark dress.


Yesterday, I took Pogo outside for a while and let him walk around the yard for a bit.  He enjoyed being outside.  When we came back indoors, he lay in front of the storm door, soaking up the sun for a while before taking a nap.

Last night I even crocheted a few more rows on the new (orange) neck warmer.  It felt good, but I'm only doing a few rows at a time for now.  Both hands are acting up now, so I can only do a few rows
in the morning or afternoon, and maybe a few more in the evening.  It'll work.

Today I wanted to post a couple images that I borrowed from the web.  These are about our bees. They are so important to us, so I figure we can use all the information we can get about them.



Please keep our bees in mind before you go mowing down all the beautiful dandelions in your lawn.  They are so very important to the bees.

My program "The Waltons" is on now and I'm going to watch it.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

We have a bunch of plants and flowers growing to benefit the bees. (Even dandelions!) You're so right to advocate for their protection.

wisps of words said...

YES!!!! Making your Comment into Pop Up, is purrrrrfect. The Comment Box "pops up" as a separate box. And I can now see the original post, complete with the pictures. Just like you see, when you come to my blog, and leave a comment. -smile-

THANK you!!!!!!!!!

And now I know who Jazzzy is!!!!!! Thank you for the little video!

Sorry about the hand pain... But it's best, to pace yourself. Not make it very, very bad, by doing too much at one time.

Oh yes, I too try to convince people, to not dig up dandelions. Not have chemicals used on their lawns. The bees really need dandelions in early spring. Later, when more flowers are blooming, they don't need them so much.

Did not know about the peaceful swarm!!!!! So good to know!!!!

Gentle hugs,
🌟💛🌟💛🌟

Jan said...

I also like the pop up as well. Have a good one, Jan

Laurel Wood said...

My mother, sis and I always enjoyed watching The Waltons. Glad you and Pogo could enjoy the outdoors for a while. It is just now getting hot in GA. Lots of honeysuckle blooming so my walks with the dog are perfumed! Mildred

Theresa said...

Comment pop-up works fine:) Jazzy is a beautiful girl and very talented! We need the bees and I see them buzzing around my blooms. Praying that your hands quit acting up. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Sorry now your both hands are acting up a bit.
But as you say, every time a few rows makes a project go on as well!

Our bees are so important and they have hard times. So it is good we have flowers they can visit and also in parcs or farms it is good to have wild flowers for them.
And if we leave them in peace and do their work they give us that yummie honey!
This evening we will watch the Eurovision Songcontest"different way". I am curious how it will look.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

It's been cooler here in Arizona as well, haven't hit triple digits yet. :)

Jazzy has a beautiful voice, I can see why that video makes you smile.