Thursday, March 12, 2020

Yarn Catastrophy!

March 12, 2020

Good morning.  It's almost daylight time.  I've been awake for quite a while and finally decided to get up and type my post.  I can take a nap later this afternoon.  Today we are supposed to go to Celebration to mail a box home.  If we don't make it, we'll do it tomorrow.

Last evening, Ii tried packing my suitcase so I would know what to mail home, but my concentration was off so I finally quit.  Basically, most of the yarn projects and anything that I bought will go in the mailer box.

Speaking of yarn projects, Audrey took this photo yesterday of the pile of yarn that I had to rip out because there was a mistake a couple rows back that must have happened when I dozed off in the middle of crocheting.  That will teach me not to sleep while sitting up crocheting!


Audrey has been working on a beautiful shawl with one of those new yarn "cakes."  The colors are gorgeous.


Gosh, I can't believe that it's already Thursday.  The time is flying by so quickly.  The upside of it is that Spring is only days away.  At home, we'll be able to open up the porch soon and Pogo and I can sit out there.

I did not get out for any photo shoots here, but I'm still glad that I was able to come and enjoy the warm sunshine.  It's so relaxing and pretty here.  Everywhere you look, there are flowering shrubs and trees.

A couple days ago while Audrey was outside, she spotted some movement in a near by tree, and then the bird came closer and sat on the wall. I grabbed my camera and went right outside.   I'll have to look this fellow up in my bird book when I get home to see what exactly he is.  Falcon?  Hawk?  Either way, it's a gorgeous bird!


Watching the news this morning has been a bit depressing.  All sorts of events and places are being cancelled because of the Corona Virus.  More and more travel is being cancelled.  Even sports games are being cancelled.  TV shows with live audiences are being taped without the live audiences.  I'm hoping that Audrey, Pogo and I all get home on time, and in good health.

Audrey is awake and up now, and I'm about to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I truly hope you will be able to fly home because of that corona virus stuff. And that you will not catch it!
The colors of the shawl Audrey is making are really gorgeous.
Oh, yesterday Jan had the same message and update of the windows 10 as you had.
Today we have lots of wind again and may be later at day and in the evening there will be rain again etc. Yak.
Hope you can have a nice long nap later today!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

That might be a red-tailed hawk, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Beautiful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, this virus is creating quite the rush of cancellations, even here in NH, where several local events have been cancelled inckuding the library’s annual book sale. It’s really amazing and media coverage isn’t helping at all.

Dee Jaynes said...

Mom- you need to find a mask to wear for your travel home- I’m serious. This corona virus is attacking people with poor respiratory issues- I’m scared for you. I love you mom.

Sue said...

Have a safe trip home, Edna, I will be praying for all,. Wearing a mask might be a good idea.
Blessings,
Sue

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh the shawl. Oh my goodness, I have a long cream colored shawl a friend made me years ago. It is funny, things come back into style . (Smile) I love the colors on Audrey's shawl.
I am going to have to show Hannah your photos here. The colors here remind me of Springtime and ice cream and such beautiful shades. Sigh.
Keep safe and see you soon.
HUGS