Monday, March 16, 2020

We're Home!

March 16, 2020

Good morning.   Thanks for all the good wishes for safe travel.  Audrey got home safely right about the time our plane was getting to land down in Boston.  Eddie and Kevin were there to meet Pogo and me.  Deanne had to work, so I'll get to see her soon. 

With all the businesses and schools around here shutting down for the next two or three weeks, I wonder what will happen at Deanne, Eddie and Kevin's jobs.  Deanne works at the local Amazon warehouse making sure all the packages and cartons get shipped out.  Eddie and Kevin are electricians and both are busy working in large buildings in Boston. 

I had made a grocery order to be picked up at the local WalMart, but they suspended Sunday pickups, and changed it to this afternoon.  So far, I have not been notified of any more changes.  I got a call this morning from my tax accountant's office.  They  will not be seeing anyone in the office until further notice.  We'll do business via the mail or phone. 

Yesterday was bittersweet.  Not only was it time for us to go home, but it was also time to say bye bye to my daughter Audrey.  I missed her before she even left.  This is a selfie that we took saying goodbye when her shuttle bus came a little after 5 a.m.


Next, I have a couple photos to share that I took through the plane window on my trip home.  We flew fairly close to land for part of our trip.  The first photo shows  how close.  Then I cropped the photo on the right side.  Those tall things are tall buildings.  I couldn't resist the last photo.  It was so pretty.




Deanne texted to say she'd be here soon so I'd best get going here.  I still have a lot of unpacking to do.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

So glad you are home and doing well. The airport here is terrible. To many people trying to get home and some standing in line four hours. The big bottle of Windex caught my eye, but probably could use it to clean with as well. Stay well.

Steve Reed said...

I would think Deanne's job at Amazon would be pretty secure, with everyone ordering online so as not to be in contact with people. Love the photos of Manhattan -- my old home turf! You and your daughter Audrey definitely resemble each other. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good to read that you all made it home safely. Everything is either shut down, cancelled or delayed here in Nashua, NH too. We're doing well and entertaining ourselves and getting outdoors for walks. Just wish everyone wouldn't be in such panic mode and that common sense would prevail.

smiekeltje said...

Don't know if my comment wassaved. So here I am again.
Glad you came home safe and well.
Now hoping everybody will stay healthy, that's the most important.
I think Deanne's job will be safe for now, I don;t know about Eddie and Kevin. There are so measures taken and they change every few hours.
I just hope common sense comes back soon and people will behave normal again.
Now you take it easy and do the unpacking of your suitcase in small steps.
Take care,
Hugs
Kyra