Friday, March 20, 2020

Keeping Deliveries Safe

March 20, 2020

Good morning.  It's almost 5:30 a.m. and I'm wide awake.  I did try to go back to sleep, but it didn't work.  Something strange has happened on Blogger/Google.  The past few days, I've been trying to visit a friend's blog, but I get a big warning that says I can't go there because it is too dangerous.  ???  I finally sent the person an email to ask what is wrong.  I can't imagine what it could be.

Well, I finally did it!  I finished adding all my columns of stuff for my taxes.  I'm just waiting for one number, which I will get today, then I can send it all to the accountant.  Phew!  I can get back to my crocheting now. 

Because I do a lot of my shopping on-line, Audrey sent me the following information from World News.  I thought it might be a good idea to pass it along to others.


This is something that most of us don't even think about.  I guess I'll have to start wearing gloves when I bring in the mail.  Or I could just leave it in the box outside for a few hours before bringing it in.  Hmmm, lots to think about.

Spring is in the air and lots of green shoots are coming up out of the ground.  Lots of folks are cleaning up their yards and burning or getting rid of yard debris.  I borrowed this from the web to share with you.  Always be careful there are no homes and babies in that yard debris before raking and burning.


I have to start spending time with the mounds of junk mail that came while I was away.  It takes a while because I take my personal information off every piece of it before putting it in the recycle bin.  Staying indoors won't be boring for me.  I've got tons of stuff to do to keep me busy. 

As soon as the warmer temps decide to stay, I want my porch screen covers taken down so that Pogo and I can spend some time out there.  I also need to start bagging up more stuff to send to Good Will.  (actually, I give it to Big Brother, Big Sister first)

I'm getting hungry now so I think I'll go to the kitchen and make some breakfast for Pogo and me.  A cup of coffee will taste mighty good too.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.  Be safe.

Hugs, Edna.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Good morning! It is going to be a great day, I am staying in and have plenty to keep me busy too. I mostly follow the "leave the packages" by the door for a couple days. It doesn't hurt to be cautious. That's how I feel. I am not taking any chances, don't want no stinkin' virus. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Good to show that article. Perhaps it's a good idea to take the packages with gloves, but then you will have to wash them too after using.
Good thing we have enough to keep us busy.
I did a laundry today, and vacuum cleaned the house. Then I have to hang out the laundry to dry, after that I probably will spend some time at the computer and in the v=evening there's tv and my chrocheting.
Oh, forgot, I also did a bit of ironing.
Hoorray for you that you tax stuff is almost on its way, yippee!
Have a good day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Yeah, I've heard that advice -- to let things sit for a few days. Sounds good to me!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hello Miss Edna, thank you for sharing those tips about mail and package delivery, we need all the help we can get !
We are all going through an incredibly strange time right now, following instructions is vital to the country's well-being, we are doing our part and staying home.
Yes, Spring has sprung, hopefully a new season with lots of healing sunshine.
Be well dear friend,
Hugs,
~Jo