Friday, October 6, 2017

A 40% Off Shopping Spree!!

October 6, 2017

Good morning.  It's early, but it's going to be another gorgeous day here in New England.  Temps will rise to almost eighty degrees, with lots of sunshine.  Pogo decided that eight o'clock was late enough for me to sleep this morning.  My little guy was hungry and wanted his breakfast.  He's eleven and a half, so how many more mornings will I have this privilege?  Lots and lots and lots, I hope.

Well, yesterday's plans went by the wayside, what else is new?  The burner clean out guys called at 1:04 p.m. to ask if they could be just a little late.  Are you kidding?  They were already late!  I said okay as long as they weren't much longer.  At 1:45 p.m, I called the jeweler to ask if I could come by today instead.  He said no problem.

By 2:20 p.m, the guys were still not here, so I called the company and told them to cancel me out for yesterday, and reschedule me for next week.  Now they will be coming next Tuesday morning, sometime between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.  By now, though, it was really too late for Pogo and me to go out and do all our errands.  Even if we only did one or two errands, we wouldn't be back in time for Pogo to have his turkey treat when Joe gets home from work.  So we waited.

After Pogo had his turkey treat, we hopped into the car and headed for the bank.  Then, just to make it a fun outing, we headed for Ocean State Job Lot store.  Oh my!  Oh my!  What a treat!  When we got to the store, we found a fantabulous sale going on.  To celebrate their fortieth anniversary, everything in the store under ten dollars was forty percent off.  Wowsie! 

Did we have fun??  Of course we did!  We were there at least two hours, going up and down every aisle so as not to miss anything.  We filled our shopping cart with all sorts of goodies from household items to food items to gift items.  Woo Hoo!  We were in forty percent off heaven!

The sale is on through tomorrow, so you know I'll be going back.  I want to pick up some more bags of bird seed and a few bottles of laundry detergent.  Today though, I want to go pick up my rings.  I'm also getting a new appraisal for a couple of my rings.  Maybe later I'll make a quick trip to the market to pick up some groceries.  If not, I'll go tomorrow.

Today I have some photos that I took yesterday.  These first two show my dahlias that are still blooming.



Another plant that is looking good is the mosquito plant. (Citron)  When I put it back outside this year, I cut if way back.  It's looking really healthy right now, so we're going to bring it indoors again this winter. 


I also took photos of my new little dancing solar witch.  The first photo here is my new witch.  The second photo is last year's witch.  (Can't tell I love witches, huh?)  Aren't they cute?



Sad to say, in a few weeks, it will be time to pack up all my little solar thingys and start putting up the winter coverings on all the screens on the porch.  I'll have to stop by Home Depot and pick up another roll of heavy duty plastic for the front portion of the porch.  At the same time, we'll have to dig up the dahlia bulbs and store the big planter pots.  I guess they can stay on the porch for the winter. 

Well, my coffee cup is empty now, so it's time to make a fresh cup and do a bit of blog reading.  After the mail comes, Pogo and I will be off to see the jeweler.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Edna,
I am up early too. I hope that you have a good day, doing the fun things, getting your jewelry will be a wonderful feeling.
Good job with finding the sale at Ocean Job Lot. It is always fun to run into something that is good and unexpected.
Thank you for your link on the St. Joseph School. I bookmarked it. I really think that is a great way to help Santa!!! I noticed that on the donations it said that a certain amount of money can buy hats and scarves and such, so your donating your hats and scarves has to be a tremendous help.
I want to update my blog so I will close for now. Have a lovely day. xxx Love Cisco and Beth