Sunday, May 2, 2010

What A Nice Surprise On My Way To Work

May 02, 2010
*
It's only 5:30, but I have just finished my blog-hopping. Got to keep current with all my friends' blogs. Day has just dawned here, and I get to go home in another hour and a half. The weatherman says that today should get up to the mid 80's. At the moment, it is 60 degrees. So get outside today and enjoy the fantastic weather.

Last night on my way to work, a photo opportunity presented it self to me, and I just had to pull my car over to the side of the road. Naturally, my camera bag was in the bag seat, so I had to struggle a bit to grab it and get my camera out.

There on the side of the road, there was a deer just nonchalantly grazing by the sidewalk. Have a look here at the view from my car. This was a distance away.




















*
Well, dang!!!!! I just love encounters like this. I realized that the deer was going to start moving away now that it had noticed me, so I let my car creep forward really slow, and took more photos through my windshield. Sorry they aren't as sharp as if I were outside my car, but if I had got out to get better photos, the deer would have scampered away.
*



















*
You know, I love animals, so I get really excited when an opportunity like this pops up. I was thrilled with my good luck, and finally tucked my camera back in it's case. Of course, don't you know that once I put the camera away, another deer crossed the street just a few feet away from me. Oh wow!!!
*
So last night, me and the Mrs. sat in front of my laptop for a couple of hours looking at some of my photos, including these newest ones. It was nice, because the Mrs. loves nature too. After that, she went to bed with a smile on her face.
*
Now I think I shall try to catch up with my emails before I leave for home. I do have a new QP freebie for you today. I hope you can use it. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 023"








2 comments:

Nani said...

I love the photos! We had a couple deer playing chase in our front yard on Friday but I was no way quick enough to get a photo. At first I thought they were large dogs on our lawn, then I looked up and saw 2 deer! It's not the first time we've had deer, but it's rare. We're not that far from downtown but as is true with a smaller city, not that far from farmland either.

It's still pretty wet here, although the worst of the storms missed us. Still, David turned the air conditioning on fr the first time this year last night, so I ay want to go to the store to warm up! ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on May. 02, 2010. Thanks again.