Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Noise Hurt My Ears

May 4, 2010
*
It's a little after midnight here, and I'm watching the late show on TV while I'm working on a project on my laptop. The host is featuring some sort of musical group (I use the term "musical" loosely here.) I eventually had to reach for the remote and hit the "mute" button.

I'm not sure what I was supposed to be getting from the noise and screaming coming from my TV screen, but it was absolutely horrid. It sounded like the guys just kept screaming "You crying like a bitch!" I'm not really a fuddy duddy, but come on!!! There is a huge difference between music and trash noise. It's a shame we can't teach this to the younger generations.

I don't like all kinds of music, but I believe in live and let live, but this one took the cake. Shame on you, Jay Leno, for your poor taste. Before this, I was enjoying his show, but not anymore. I should have stuck to watching the late night crime show re-runs. At least they are interesting.

You know, if I were much younger, I would enjoy going back to school to learn forensic science. I really find this field quite fascinating. Ah, but I'm not younger, and I'm not going back to school to learn this, but I can dream! (How's that for a quick change? From horrible noise to forensics!)

I think maybe I'll take Miss Tootsie and myself off to bed now. Maybe with a good night's sleep, TV will look better to me. Also, I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my first lesson at Journaling Camp.

I have a couple of photos to share - one with white lilacs, and one with grape hyacinths. I tried using the watercolor filter from Photoshop on the grape hyacinths, but I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.

White Lilac



Grape Hyacinth
The more I look at this photo, I think I am not really crazy about the filter effect. Well, I tried. I'm off to dreamland now. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a really grand day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

I don't like that filter effect either,lol - and regarding music, I have just posted a beautiful song at the bottom of todays post - would you believe I'm getting into a Country/Western band?? Me the Goth??? Anyway- even you should like this,lol -Hugs Snowy