Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU LADIES!

May 9, 2010
*
I'm at work and it's still dark outside. Only 5 a.m. and quite soggy and windy. The birds are chirping though. There's nothing quite so soothing as listening to the birds chirping outside your window. I know there are folks who would disagree with me, but I suppose that's okay. All the more singing birdies for me.

Before I left for work last night, I took a few photos of raindrops and wisteria. How's that for a unique combination? On the way to work, the weather was "typical New England." Rain, cloudy, sprinkles of sun, bright sunshine, more gray clouds, more rain. All this in thirty minutes!

Before I share any photos, I want to wish Moms, Grandmothers, and Moms of furry kids everywhere a really beautiful day. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you. I told you yesterday how my little Tootsie sent me a card, but did you notice that she also left me a Mothers Day greeting in my comment box? You just gotta love this little girl of mine!!!

Now for my photos. This first one is just one little leaf, but you can see the reflection of my house in the rain drop hanging from it's tip.



The next photo is the wisteria growing on the side of my house. Wisteria seems to belong with very old houses, and my house is very old! About 125 years old! The rain just seems to bring out the purple color nicely.
*



It's daylight now, and it looks as though the rain has stopped. So maybe it will be a nice day to go visiting after all. If you don't have a Mom to visit, hug someone else's mom. Hug an elderly neighbor and wish her a good day. Any lady, anywhere, if she looks like she needs a hug, give her one, and wish her a beautiful day!!! I guarantee you'll feel better for it.
*
Before I go, I do have a QP freebie for you. One little fairy is blowing kisses, so maybe it will be good for a photo of someone you love. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 025"

4 comments:

Snowy said...

Love the Wisteria ! It doesn't seem to grow in this area , what a shame ! I like the lilac tone of it.
Hope you have a great Day ,Edna -Hugs:)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [09 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for the QP. You take wonderful pictures. I live in CA, and it is raining her too. I follow your blog everyday now, since you took over the daily downloads. Happy Mother's Day.

suruha said...

Wisteria grows rampant, here. My neighbor loves it so much, he built a tepee frame and trained it to grow up. It's GORGEOUS. The photos you took are awesome, Edna! I especially like your 'house' reflection in the rain drop. How clever of you!
The DW site is cool! The weekly themed challenges are what do me the most good. I spend some time, a lot of thought and considerable trial and error on them. It has been super-therapeutic! The people are real nice, too.

Well, I was just catching up on my blog reading. Thank you for all you do, ma'm! I love you!

Su I