Wednesday, April 27, 2022

New Plants

April 27, 2022

Good morning.  How quickly time is flying by.  In just a few days it will be another new month.  

Yesterday a package arrived in the mail, and it contained a couple new plants that I had ordered.  One is the Butterfly Weed plant, and the other is a Hummingbird Mint plant.  The Hummingbird Mint plant is four inches tall, and I can't wait for it to get bigger.  (I've named it Twiggy.}


This plant blooms in different colors.  I'm not sure what color blooms my plant will have.  If I like the plant when it gets bigger, I'll need to buy more of them for the yard.

Every now and then, I look at Twiggy and I think it has grown a bit.  But, I measure it again and it's still only four inches tall.  I guess my mind is in a hurry to see this plant grow.

Recently I ordered a couple sweater crochet patterns, and yesterday one of them came in the mail.  Once the other pattern gets here I might decide to make one of them.  It's been quite a while since I've made a sweater.  Actually, it's been since my kids were growing up.  I used to knit the girls skirt and sweater sets.

Now it's time for me to make a hot up of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till Friday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Once they will grow and blook it will be beautiful plants. I looked them up, because I didn;t know their english name.
Both uf them will do good in a group.
Yesterday I bought Jan two small strawberry plants. I hope they will give a few strawberries already this year.
Oh, you are going to try your luck on a sweater. That's brave. I am not very good at it.
Today we had our King's day(the anniversairy from our King) he went with the family to a city in Holland to celebrate.
If I not forget I will tell a little bit about it on my blog on Sunday.
Have a wonderful day, take good care of your new plants.
Hug
Kyra

Theresa said...

Wow, I have never ordered plants on-line. I can't wait to watch Twiggy grow:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Suemn said...

I hope it warms up soon so you can plant Twiggy outside:) I will be waiting to see her in bloom.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The only plants I have ordered have been cut flowers, so hope that Twiggy will show a growth spurt in time, Edna. The blooms look lovely so the color of yours will certainly be a great surprise, and that will be a good thing. It's a windy and downright chilly day here in Nashua, NH, so a cup of coffee sounds like a wonerful idea, thanks for the suggestion, my friend.

Barbara said...

I hope your Twiggy grows tall and happy with lots of vibrant color! Looks promising!!

Beth Reed said...

Edna I just adore Twiggy and I hope that she will grow taller with lots of blooms. I am excited for you to be able and watch your Twiggy bloom. I will also enjoy seeing the colors.
I love the color of your pansy's. You are getting a wonderful head start on Springtime blooms.

That sweater is really gorgeous. I think a soft gray will be a very pretty color and also neutral so you can wear it with other colors. I am so glad that you have decided on your project, and I think we all will be looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Time for lunch and maybe a little nap. Have a wonderful day. xxx

Anne Robinson said...

Edna, that sweather is so pretty. I Love anything in gray and that color is perfect. I would love to be talented like you. Enjoy your weekend.