Monday, April 4, 2022

My TV Is Croaking

April 4, 2022

Good morning.  Tis gray and wet today.  I was hoping it would be a sunny day because I have to go out to a doctor appointment.  Alas, I'll have to settle for the wet, gray day.

Today is not such a good day here.  My television stopped working near midnight last night.  When I turn it on, the picture bounces up and down and then it shuts off.  I'm guessing it is trying to tell me that it's time for a new set.  This set is around thirteen years old.

I went online looking at new TVs and I'm surprised at how inexpensive they are.  Mine is a 40" set, and WalMart had several 40" sets for under $300.  I guess this is a good time to buy a new set.

Guess what?  It looks like the sun is going to be shining.  Awesome!  

Deanne found this adorable cartoon on the web.  I love it.  It suits me to a tee!

If I don't get a new TV set up real soon, I'll definitely be driving everyone around me crazy.  

Over the weekend, I put a few more rows on the crib blanket.  It's now one third done.  I also added a few rows to one of the afghans.  These are going to keep me busy for a while because I only do a couple rows a day now.  

I ordered a new fairy for my porch railing.  She'll go alongside the one that is already there.  (inside the screened in part of the porch)  I like looking at pretty things.

Now I think I'll enjoy a bit of blog reading while I have my coffee.  Soon it will be ready to leave for my appointment.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, hope all goes well at your doctor's appointment today. It's never fun to go to one and especially on a dismal day. TV sets sure have lowered in price since I bought my first 13-inch color set eons ago. I recall it was the 1st color set in my parent's home and the cost was several hundred dollars. So, treat yourself and get a new set and go large too!

smiekeltje said...

D.....d, how VERY unpleasant your tv seems to die. Hmmm, buying a new one isn;t very hard, they have rather good ones for not too much money. Only thing I always hate, is the installment of it, to get it ready to work with all you want and need. Hopefully there will be a guy who brings the thing who can do it for you.
That fairy looks so beautiful. ou are right to want to look at pretty things.
Hope you appointment goes well, and you will not have too wet weather during the trip.
Here too it is not nice, hard wind and rain. Good for the garden and agriculturals, etc, not for us peaople LOL.
Wishing you will have a new and good working tv real soon.
Have a great day, take care.
Hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

OH Edna, you definitely need to get a new tv soon so you can continue watching Law and Order along with your other favorites. I don't watch a lot of tv and I usually just stream off the internet because I don't have cable tv.

Susie said...

Hope you can get a new TV soon. I am nuts without one. When we have to stay alone so much, it's our company. I think TVs are cheaper, because they are basically junk and the flimsy controllers are a joke. I miss the old style TV consoles with heft and Knobs for crying out loud. LOL I like the garden fairy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Steve Reed said...

TVs are much less expensive than they used to be. Remember when they were in big wood-grain consoles and looked like a piece of furniture?