Monday, April 18, 2022

Awesome Chickens!

April 18, 2022

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps today will be in the mid fifties.  Spring has sprung!  The days are getting warmer.  Pretty soon it will be "sitting out" warm.  Yes!

Did the Easter Bunny bring everyone lots of colored eggs?  Kids everywhere were having a wonderful time hunting for eggs yesterday.   How about it.  Did any of you "bigger" kids hunt for eggs too?  

My grandson Kevin came by and brought me a box full of snacks and dinner.  (Deanne cooked)  

After Kevin left, you know I dove into that box of goodies.  I'm just a big kid too!  Later I had me a nap, then worked on one of the afghans for a bit.  Most of the day was a "watch TV" day.

I've decided that these afghans may take another couple of months to finish.  I only do one or two rows and I'm looking to work on something else.  I have a couple ideas, but I'm not sure which new project I'll pick.  I need to look around a bit more.

A new T-shirt that I ordered for myself arrived, and I love it!  I think the chickens are awesome!

I'm working on a shopping list for next weekend.  Aside from a few things for the porch, I want to pick up some flowers.  Petunias, for sure.  Whatever else I'm not sure.  I'll have to see what's available.

Now I'm going to look through my yarn catalogue again to see if maybe I missed a pattern that I might like to try.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I can imagine you took a dive into the box of goodies, haha. And no, we didn;t go for egg hunting, and thinking of it, yesterday we didn;t have any egg. Oh well, it was a nice day and my dinner was super.
Just leave your afghans for a while aside and yes, seacht for something that is interesting for you at the moment. Crocheting should be fun.
Great your weather is getting better and better. We did have some time in the garden today, the sun was fantastic.
oh, I am so curious about your shopping trip, to know what you will come home with. LOL.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Terra said...

My sons and I celebrated Easter at my house and I did not provide Easter baskets. They are grown up, and mentioned I gave them Easter baskets full of goodies all through their twenties. I am sure you did dive in to your goody bag. Your chicken shirt is cute, and I admire your ability to create afghans.

Barbara said...

You're right -- those chickens look great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds as if you enjoyed a sweet Easter celebration in more ways than one, Edna. We only bought some peanut butter eggs and so far we still have some left. The chicken t-shirt looks colorful and fun!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Are you wearing bunny ears? So cute:) I like the chicken t-shirt too. They are so fun looking. I didn't buy any special Easter candy for myself but I have a niece who loves peeps and I bought all kinds of them for her to try. I won't see her until early May but they'll still be okay for the eat-by date.

Theresa said...

What a sweet grandson to come visit and bring treats! I know you enjoyed his visit. I always remember years ago when we would have an Easter Egg hunt, my Daddy would walk around that night and the next day looking for eggs left behind:) Memories, ahhhh. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

That's a funny shirt -- certainly eye-catching! You could wear it on Thanksgiving and say they're turkeys. Glad you got a visit from your grandson.

Anne Robinson said...

Love your photo of yourself with Kevin and of course that t shirt. SO cute! My sweetheart is collecting different sports caps. But we still get our matching t shirts too. Hahaha
HUGS