Friday, April 8, 2022

Awesome Blossoms!

April 8, 2022

Good afternoon. I'm late posting today because I had a doctor appointment this morning.  (Heart doctor) Then I had to call the insurance company to straighten out a problem that has come up with it.  Gadzooks, it's always something!

My appointment went well.  My doctor is easy to talk with, actually quite fun and pleasant.  Having doctors that are pleasant to talk with makes it easy to look forward to keeping my appointments.

What's new?  My TV!  It was delivered Wednesday afternoon.  Deanne and Eddie  (actually mostly Deanne) got it set up.  It's three inches bigger than my last set.  I really like it.  

For those of you who follow my friend Beth's blog (http://bethreed78753.blogspot.com),  she's been in the hospital recently and she's home now.  She's had quite a few medical issues lately, and I hope they are all behind her now.

A lot of my plants are coming up now.  They will be green for a while, but I do have a few daffodil blossoms.  It feels really nice to be able to look out and see these beautiful blooms.

The third great granddaughter (Serena Melanie) who was due to be born recently was born on April 2.  That's all the information that I have as the parents don't wish to share anymore.  It is what it is.

Meanwhile, the crib blanket I'm crocheting is two thirds done.  Only twenty more rows to go.  It's time to get serious about working on the afghans.  I haven't been in the mood to work on them but this won't get them done.  I think it's because all the colors are in the same family - blues and greens.  

I'm starting to get hungry so maybe it's time to think about what's for supper.  I know what I'd really like to have, but it most likely won't be that.  (not on my diet)  Hmmm, I'll have to think about it for a bit.  

So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Wonderful your doctor's appointment went well, and yeah, pity you had to go after insurance stuff. That always is annoying!
Happy for you your tv is all set a bit bigger screen is also nice to have, hope this tv will serve you for a long time.
Congrats to you for the new born great grandchild.

Now it is time fro better weather. It will be here next week. Hoppefully you will have some too very soon.

Oh in some time your afghans will be done too. In between you could start a smaller project in different color and then it will be nice to switch.

Have a fantastic weekend, stay safe, enjoy your new tv.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Congratulations on the new great-granddaughter! I'm glad you got the TV situation ironed out and your new set is making you happy. Thanks for the update on Beth -- I wondered how she was doing.

Theresa said...

So happy that your doctor appt went well and I hope you get the insurance issues resolved. My plants are coming up and some are blooming too. I look forward to seeing the flowers every year. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Congratulations on another new granddaughter. I like her name:) I am still waiting for spring weather to see the many tulips I have planted. I really need to plant some more daffodils as mine have quit blooming due to the age of the bulbs. We are still getting that white stuff. ha! That's great that you got a new tv. I bet you are thrilled with it. Have fun with your crocheting my friend!

Barbara said...

Tulips and Daffodils don't seem to grow around here. I wonder if they prefer colder climates to "set" the bulbs for spring blooms.

Congrats on your new TV! A bigger screen is always nice.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lots of good news in this post, Edna, especially the checkup and that everything went well, now if only that insurance issue can be as easily sorted out. Yeah on the new TV and to Deanne for setting it up for you. Congrats on the new great granddaughter's arrival and such a lovely name too. I did see a couple of daffodils blooming here in NH when on a walk this week, so spring may be here soon.