Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Easter Is Coming

April 13, 2022

Good morning.  Tis sunny today with temps in the sixties.  Awesome!  Today is a "sit out on the porch for a while" day.

This is "yard work" weather.  If you're thinking of mowing your lawn, please keep in mind that the dandelions are food for our bees.  Don't mow them down.

Monday afternoon, the oxygen company brought me a new concentrator.  The guy that came by was hoping to just try to fix the concentrator that I had but I said no.  I wanted a different one.  Eventually, he left me a new machine.

Next week Deanne and I are going shopping.  Today I'm starting a list of things that I want to look for.  Obviously, the first thing on my list is a new rug for the porch.  I also need to buy a new batch of puzzle books.  I got a lot of them for Christmas but I'm almost through with all of them.

Today, I will finish the crib blanket.  There are only four more rows to go.  After that, it's afghan time.  I think I'll wait to get these to the "three quarters done" time before starting any new projects.   Whatever my next project is, it won't have any blue or green on it.

Do you realize that Easter is this coming weekend?  How quickly it came this year!  I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll make colored eggs for the tenants this year.  Hmm, I'll have to give it some thought.

Now I'm off to enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till Friday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Edna, Glad you can sit out on the porch. That is always nice to do. Fresh air and seeing birds. Like a mini vacation. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Barbara said...

I did uotknow that dandelions are food for the bees. We don't seem to have dandelions in Central Florida.

smiekeltje said...

Good that the oxygen guy left you with a new concentrator. You were right to ask that!
Hopefully it will work well.
Oh, making a sopping list is nice. New rug, puzzle books, and I bet you can up with some more lovly things, hahaha.
Bees have difficult times, so we should do all we can to help them.
One afghan is coming to a finish, the blue one, still needs some work but okay. But the mint one is going slower. Never mind, as long as I am busy with something.
We have nice weather too now. So you have fun sitting a bit on the porch, making your shopping list.
Hmm, I will not make coloured eggs for Easter, but we will have a nice Easter dinner.
Have a wonderful day, enjoy the porch time, hopefully you will see a lot of birds.
Hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, we still have the cold weather here and today the winds will be very bad. Still, the 30 degree weather is better than the winter temps:) Due to the bird flu, many chickens have had to be killed and the price of eggs here has skyrocketed. On Monday when I was in Aldi and a dozen eggs (customers were limited to purchasing 2 dozen) was priced at $3.44. Isn't that something? I feel bad for those who have children who look forward to dying them for Easter. I'm glad Deanne will be taking you shopping. It's always fun to plan what to purchase for a shopping trip isn't it?

Theresa said...

So happy that you got a new machine! Sometimes we just have to say no to fixing up the old stuff. Yes, Easter is this weekend and seems to sneak up on me every year. Enjoy your day dear friend, being outside is where I will be too. HUGS!

Anne Robinson said...

Oh yes good tohave that new machine. Enjoy your shopping time and have a nice weekend. HUGS