Friday, April 15, 2022

Happy Easter

April 15, 2022

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps today will be in the sixties.  Except for some rain Saturday night, it's supposed to be a nice weekend.   This should make the Easter Bunny very happy.

It doesn't seem possible but it's already Easter time.  I hope everybody gets lots of Easter eggs.  This is the first year that I did not make a batch of eggs for the tenants.  I don't know if I feel guilty or not.  

Well, I did finally finish the crib blanket.  I have no choice now but to work on the afghans.  Maybe I can finish them by the end of next month.  Hmmm, we'll see.

Here's an interesting article I found on the web.  I never thought of it but it is a great idea for the birds.


We have to put out extra food for the birds now because the wild turkeys are coming around again for a meal.  There's only three of them, and I do enjoy seeing them every day.

Recently I ordered new T-shirts.  This one is for Deanne because she has two kitties.  What an awesome job it must be to design such cute shirts.

You know you have to be careful about ordering from anyone on Facebook.  I always take a photo of my order for just in case.  Today I checked on an order not received and I had to send copies of my order because they said they didn't remember it.  Amazing.  They have no problem taking your money.  It's the order they can't seem to grasp.

Enough grumbling.  It's time to make some breakfast.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous Easter Sunday.

Hugs, Edna B. 

9 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Easter comes and goes without me being too aware of it these days. When I used to work in the residential school for young people with physical and learning difficulties it was always a big day: the local motorbike club used to bring Easter eggs for all. Most of the children were far more interested in seeing the huge motorbikes than the chocolate eggs.

Barbara said...

Happy Easter, Edna. Don't feel guilty about not making a batch of eggs for the tenants. Your pleasing personality throughout the year counts for a lot. Pleasant people should not be taken for granted. They seem to be in short supply in some places.Hugs to you!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wishing you a Happy Easter dear friend, I hope it's a blessed one.
Our Easter egg hunt is tomorrow, since we are trying to beat any chance of rain on Sunday.
We do what we can when we are older, some things I grieve over not being able to do as traditions prevail.
Hope you get to spend time with your beautiful family, and share a meal.
HUgs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending you all good wishes for a Happy Easter, Edna, and we didn’t do any colored eggs ourselves this year. Your tenants may not even miss any, so you should not feel too bad. The kitten t-shirt will be a nice gift for Deanne.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Happy Easter! Happy Weekend! Love the photo of the kitty. Enjoy your loved ones this weekend. We are having a bit of warm weather grateful it is here.
I still do not have an address to send cards to LV. Do you have one?
Hoping you continue to have some sweet weather with lots of sunshine. Take care.

smiekeltje said...

It is wonderful you will have great weather for Eastern, just as we will have here.
And no don;t feel guilty about the eggs.
That t-shirt for Deanne is awesome.
The fat stuff for birds one has to be careful with. You can only use it when you didn;t fry anything in it, and if i am right you cannot use all sorts of fat. To be sure, I buy fat balls with seeds for the birds.
Hmm, if you don;t want to work on the afghans at the moment(because of the same color range) perhaps start a smaller project in totally different color and come back a bit later to the afgan?
Pity if an order doesn;t seem to be delivered, always better to try to find things in well-known webshops, I think.
V=But may be your order still will arrive, even if it will be later.
Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Easter, take most of the nice weather,
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Happy Easter Edna to you and your lovely family.
I bet that kitty shirt will be a winner for Deanne. I always seem to go blank when I try and spell her name. I do not know why other than I had a daughter in law named Deanna and I always get confused. I really need to find a trick to help me remember, but just in case I snuck a peek at Kyra's spelling haha.
You have amazing daughters! It makes me very happy to know that they take such wonderful care of you.
Don't worry about Easter Eggs for the tenants. The dwarfs should be bringing you Easter Eggs, but I bet that the Easter Bunny will not forget you this year! Happy Easter and have a beautiful day. I am going to go and write a short post before I head to bed. Love and Hugs, xoxoxo

Steve Reed said...

That's a very cute shirt! I didn't realize that oats could be combined with fat that way to make wild bird food, but it makes sense -- we feed birds suet, and that's fat as well. Happy Easter!

Theresa said...

It's always surprising to me how quick the year flies by. That is the cutest shirt, hope you get it. I ordered shirts for the little ones and they screeched in just in time for them to wear to the school egg hunt. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!