Friday, April 22, 2022

Happy Birthday, Queen Elizabeth

April 22, 2022

Good morning.  Tis a lovely sunny day, though I shall stay in and hopefully crochet.  Tomorrow I'll go shopping.  

Today I'll try to put two or three rows on each of the afghans.  I also have a sweater pattern that I might start as soon as I've decided on a color.

Pretty soon, I'm going to have to make some blog books.  I've been neglecting doing this these past couple years.  It's time to get back to a lot of things that have changed or just been dropped.  It's amazing just how many lives have been totally changed by a "flu."  

Queen Elizabeth just celebrated her 96th birthday.  I found this adorable photo of the Queen when she was two years old and just had to share.  What a cutie!  It must be something to look at our child's photo and not realize that they will grow up to be a Queen, or maybe President.


My junk mail box is filling up again so I guess I'd best go through a batch of it today.  I just remove my name and address from things.  However, it does take some time.  

Now it's time to enjoy reading some of your blogs.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I also saw that photo of the very young Queen Elizabeth and she is indeed a wonder and still going fairly strong at 96. In may be in part to something I read that she has a good sense of humor and that's supposed to be a factor in longevity. And, if so, you are doing well too as you share many funny images (also serious ones) in your posts. It's also a sunny, but windy day here in Nashua, NH, and we will be playing dominoes later this afternoon. Hope you have a good weekend, Edna.

smiekeltje said...

96 years and still on the throne, wow, quite an achievement of Queen Elizabeth.
Every day one or two row will finish your afgahns in time. I switch now too, between an afghan and a pillow cover.
It will be nice to go to bed and for a moment think about your shopping trip next day. I bet you will have pleasant dreams.
Since a looong time I was on the market today. It was nice weather, good enugh for the trip. Didn;t buy a lot, but it was nice just strolling there a bit.(Couldn;t resist buying a few plants for the garden, LOL).
Have a lovely day and weekend, hope you will find a lot of nice things on your shopping trip.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Have a nice time shopping Edna. I may visit what is advertised as a "vintage" shop today for something different to do. I found one online that I am interested in checking out.

Steve Reed said...

You can definitely see hints of the adult Queen's face in that old photo. It's always interesting to see old photos of well-known people!

Beth Reed said...

Queen Elizabeth and my grandson share the same birthday. I love that photo of Her Majesty.

Have a great day... xoxo

Barbara said...

Joining you in wishing Queen Elizabeth a most Happy Birthday!

Anne Robinson said...

The QWueen looks sad to me. I imagine she was with Philipp all those years. I understand he was really a good person. I think he took care of all the unpleasant situations with their children. I hope she had a very nice birthday.

You always have interesting things here. I hope your week is a great one. Take care