Thursday, January 13, 2022

Tis Quiet And Cold

January 13, 2022

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 38F degrees.  My weather app says that we can expect a mixture of snow and rain tomorrow.  Well, it is Winter.

My yarn came yesterday and I put a few rows on the afghan to see how it would look.  I like it!

My Christmas present to myself also arrived.  A beautiful citrine ring.  My birthstone.  I was watchng ShopLC TV one night during their annual clearance sale and they showed this ring.   It's the one on the right.  I have to say that it looks mighty nice on my hand.

I spent most of yesterday paying bills and making a tiny start on my tax stuff.  Gosh, I can't believe it's tax time again!  My funnest time of year!  This year, it shouldn't take too long to gather all the information for the accountant.  Not much happened here in 2021.

Today will be quiet.  An hour or two on tax stuff, maybe wash some dishes, then a bit of crocheting.  I just may fit a nap in between those activities.  First though, I think I should make a cup of coffee and something to eat.  

It's really cold outside now so please don't forget to bring your pets indoors.  And if possible, make a dry place for outdoor animals to get out of the cold.  I'll thank you for them.

Now I'm of to get started on this new day.  So, stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That ring looks beautiful.
Good present to yourself.
Oh yeah, I even din;t think yet about it, but tax stuff time is around the corner. Well, it is mainley collecting and then copying some things and then send all away to my accountant. He does the work for it, hoorray.
Here it was not nice weather either, a kind of water-cold we call it. Brrrr. We e=need the sun to come out and warm it up bit by bit.
The color combination on the afghan looks real nice. Good choice.

I found me some easy 4 row knitting patterns, that are still nice to see, I am knitting big blocks and later they could make a blanket, I suppose. For now I do knit again, whoo.
Have a nice nap, get that tax thing done as quickly as you can,it is not the most amusing work to do.
Have a wonderful day and stay warm(how is your cold?)
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, that afghan you are in the midst of crocheting sure is pretty. I really like the multi colored yarn. I bet you love your birthstone ring that you selected. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear that birthstone before and it looks to be a good sized gemstone. Very nice:)

Theresa said...

I LOVE your new ring! SO pretty and well-deserved! We are expecting some snow and possibly ice in our state this weekend. Probably no accumulation but we will see:) Enjoy your day dear friend, stay warm and cozy.

Beth Reed said...

Oh Ednas that is one gorgeous ring!
It makes me very happy when you treat yourself to something and I just love the colors and shapes of both rings, but I really like the one that you chose. I love it when you buy something because you are one of the most generous people that I know. You are always helping someone when you can. You are also always making something beautiful with your yarn and hands, you care about our wildlife and stray fur babies and would take them all in if you could so Edna Honey you deserve to be wearing that gorgeous ring. xoxoxoxo