Sunday, January 2, 2022

A New Year Begins

January 2, 2022

Good morning and Happy New Year to all of you.  Did you do anything special to celebrate the New Year?  I did not.  I got all nice and comfy to watch TV, and promptly fell asleep. 

Earlier in the evening, Deanne and Eddie came by to celebrate a bit with me.  

Later, Deanne and Eddie rang in the New Year together.  

Deanne also got re-tested, and was found negative.  Awesome!  More good news, I finished the pink afghan and started a new one.  This one will be in greens.  I'll try to take a photo of the yarn later.

I woke up early yesterday, and sat down with my Christmas box.  Oh my, I had such fun!   One of the things in the box was a new book which I've already started reading.


Today I'll split my time between crocheting and reading.  Now that's a great way to start a new year!  Did I mention that there was a bag of chocolate covered cranberries in the box?  And that I ate them all?  Yup, the whole bag!  Not all at once.  On and off all through the day and night, I ate a few till they were all gone.  I think I have a chocolate problem!  (Oh, but they were delicious!)

Now I'm off to enjoy some  blog reading before breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hope you like the book. Oh wow, all the cranberries with chocolate gone. LOL. But there is more chocolate in there, hahaha.
happy to hear Deanne is negative now. That's good news.
And great photo of you and deanne for new year.
Now on to my blog, and another quiet and relaxed day. Tomorrow normal routine will start.
Have a wonderful day, reading and crocheting and perhaps a little nap if needed.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

WE stayed in and had a quiet New Year's Eve, I went to bed early as usual:) There are lots of sick folks but thankfully we are well. I know Deanne getting a negative test result made the New Year a really happy one. I need a new book to read, but first the Christmas tree has to be taken down... boohoo! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

No New Year's reveling here for us, we celebrate with a quiet evening, watching tv and Christmas lights twinkling, a little glass of Bailey's and off to bed :)
Happy to hear the COVID test for Deanne was negative, my grandson is now in quarantine with the blasted stuff.
The book looks interesting, I should buy. Happy New Year to you and yours my sweet friend.
Hugs,
Jo

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I celebrated New Year's by going to bed at my usual time. ha! Bah Humbug, right? What can I say? I'm glad to see that Deanne is watching over you so well. Happy New Year to you, Deanne and Eddie! I've got a few good books next to my chair for reading today too.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy 2022, may it bring lots of good health, happiness, safety and joyful blessings to you and yours (and the dwarfs)! I spent a relatively quiet (other than hearing the fireworks and boomers all night) in my jammies with my fur babies binge watching Castle until 2 a.m. I fixed my traditional southern black eyed peas, ham, cabbage and cornbread for my dinner on NYE and NYD.
I am so happy your family got to bring home the baby and that Deanne tested negative. Hopefully things keep looking brighter for all of us! Thanks for all the cheery messages!
Hugs, Mat

Steve Reed said...

I don't blame you -- I have a chocolate problem too. :)

Glad you had a happy New Year's Eve and got some Covid-free visitors! Let's hope 2022 is happy and healthy for all of us!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
Oh that chocolate sounds delicious! I have a chocolate problem too but mine is Reeses PEanut Butter Cups....Wonderful news that Deanne tested negative and is better and yes it DOES sound like a good way to start the new year! .... I"m having trouble with my crocheting. I think I may be burned out.. I don't know what to make anymore. I have made enough afghans to cover the entire state of South Carolina, I've made cardigans, hats, scarves, mittens, wash cloths etc. I"m just stumped..

I have started making a pocket shawl which I have never made before but I am worried I will make it and not use it.. When do you use yours?