Sunday, January 23, 2022

Cold Days Are Soooo Long

January 23, 2022

Good morning.  Tis gray and 24F degrees outside today.  I think I'll just leave it out there.  Spring is just 56 days away.  56 loooooong days!   Even then, temps will still be on the cool side for a while.

In these old houses, the cold seems to seep in through the walls and floors.  Even though the heat is on, it's the cold that you feel.  At least in my case.  

I've begun to get back to my crocheting just a bit.  I managed a few rows yesterday.  Today I'll do a few more.  Well, at least that's the plan.  Maybe I'll read for a while.  Although lately I tend to fall asleep when I'm reading.  So maybe I'll save the book for after supper.

Deanne switched my cooked meals to a different company.  I should be getting my first order from them today.  I'm not sure what meals were ordered, so this should be interesting.  Tasty, at least.  

I've found a sweater pattern that looks easy to make and I think I just may try it.  I need to work on something other than blankets and afghans for a while.  Here's the pattern in case anyone else wants to try it.


That's my news for today.  Now I'm off to watch a bit of Law & Order.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.                                                         

4 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Grey and cold here too, but at least it's a degree or two above freezing. I hope your cooked meals are good.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That cold air has dived down to the South! I have a sweater on today for the first time in a long time! lol Hope you like your new meals. Enjoy your day!

smiekeltje said...

Hope the new meals will be tasty. Always nice to be able to try something new.
Our house also has cracks and crevises where the cold seeps through. Old house always are a bit drafty. Ory you have to spend a big sum of money to have all double glazing, walls filled with stuff that keeps the cold out etc.etc.
Let spring come as quick s possible.
Looks interesting, the new pattern you found. I am still busy with the new blanket, it will take a while still till finished.But I don't mind.
Take the book to bed, and you can fall alseep nice and comfy under your blanket.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Hello,
It is still cold here, but we have blue skies and a bit of sunshine. I know what you mean about the old houses and the cold. It does feel like it just seeps right thru the walls and floors. Our apartment is one of those new energy efficient with double pane windows and even the patio door, so we don't get really cold. Well, I don't. Jon and Karyn walk around like we live in the Artic and live in a Igloo lol.
Have a fantastic day. xxx