Monday, January 17, 2022

Redundant TV Commercials

January 17, 2022

Good morning.  Tis wet and gray outside, and the temperature is 46F degrees.  Alas, these temps won't last very long.  It snowed during the night before switching over to rain.  

I'm getting lots of rest, and drinking my fluids, but this cold of mine doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  Sad to say, I don't feel like crocheting often.  My projects are going to take quite a while to get finished.  

Is anyone other than me getting tired of these "Medicare" TV commercials?  We are now in our third year of these commercials.  They are on all day and all night.  Every day.  Every night.  My understanding is that they are paid for by insurance companies.  Is this why our insurances are so costly?  

Last night, I read a couple chapters in my new book.  Were you aware that there were ten and twelve year old children fighting alongside our soldiers during the Civil War?  Such bravery is so awesome!  By the way, this book was just written last year.  2021.  

Here's an interesting item that I found on the web.   Xylitol is now being marketed as Birch Sugar, and is toxic to dogs.  Please read your labels before sharing foods with your pets.  And pass this information along to your family and friends.

I just watched a commercial on TV where they made a mistake.  The person talking pronounced a man's name as "Nickel."  It was spelled "Kinkle."  What happened to Quality Control?  

The morning is waning and I have things to do before Deanne gets here.  So, I shall take my leave now.  Till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Isn;t it about time you get some advice of your doctor about that lingering cold? sorry if I am perhaps annoying with this, but I worry about it and I like you to feel 100 or very near that LOL.
Some commercials keep coming on, here too and there are a lot that aren;t good or even bearable. Very little are with some humor and still getting to the point.
Aweful that children had to fight in the Civil War. But there are still kid soldiers over the world and it just shouldn;t be happening. Well, all war is madness, but will never stop completely, I fear.
Just started on a blanket in crochet. I have the pattern from Sirin. Hopefully I will finish this one, it is a simple stitch, and pattern but looks real nice.
Stay warm, have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Aren't those Medicare commercials pretty much constant? I think I've seen them and I haven't lived in the states for ten years!

I'm not sure I'd call 10- and 12-year olds fighting in wars "bravery." I think I'd call it "exploitation."

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh, you are so right about all those Medicare commercials on tv. I quizzed my 23 year old nephew when he was staying with me last week on did he know who the guy was in the commercials we saw since they came on every 10 minutes. I gave him a clue as to say "he is a famous quarterback." Answer: Joe Namath or Terry Bradshaw, depending on the channel we were watching. Then "he is an actor." Answer: Jimmie Walker, whose famous line in the series he used to be in is "Dy-no-mite!" ha!

Annsterw said...

Happy to hear you are staying safe and hydrated! Super important! Stay safe! HUGS

Theresa said...

Thank you for sharing the birch sugar, I will pass that on to my family dog owners. Hope your cold gets better real soon, lots of sick folks in my crew too. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I was watching "Below Zero" and the young Indian/Eskimo father was tapping a Birch tree for a sugar treat for his children. I guess trees other than maples can make us sweet stuff.