Monday, January 3, 2022

Snuffle, Snuffle, I Have A Cold!

January 3, 2022

Good morning.  This will be a short post.  I've caught a cold and I'm not feeling so good.  I have the chills and I can't stop blowing my nose.  I'm sure before the day is out, it will be as red as Rudolph's.  There is a Law & Order marathon on TV today, so I'll stay in bed and watch TV.

Robyn asks, when do I use my pocket wrap?  Whenever I have a chill, I put it on.  Actually, I'm wearing it right now.  However, even if you don't want to wear it, make it and put it away to give as a Christmas gift next December.

If you have no one to give your creations to, check out Operation Gratitude.com.  They will ship your gifts to our service men and women.  This could keep you busy crocheting and knitting all year long.  As a matter of fact, I just may start to make some hat and scarf sets for them.  Or hat and neck warmer sets.  Hmm, they might be more useful.

I mentioned that I had started a new afghan.  However, the yarn appears to be much thicker than the rest of my yarn so I had to rip it out.  I've already started over on another new one, but I'll have to order more yarn to finish it.  I like to use three colors, and I only have two of the colors that I want to use.

Now I'm going to make a hot cup of cocoa and get comfy on the sofa to watch TV.  Hopefully, this cold will not last long.  So till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

11 comments:

Susie said...

Edna, Get well . I hope someone can help you while you are not well. I loved your knitting ideas. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Buttercup said...

Enjoy the cocoa and feel better. I'm off to the post office before the snow comes. Hopefully it won't be too much here.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you feel much better after some extra rest. I'm keeping you in my prayers! Sweet hugs, Diane

smiekeltje said...

Oh poor Edna. Now you have a cold. stay warm and as coomfy as you can and hopefully it will be gone in a day or two.
Get well soon
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
I hope you feel better soon. Please keep a Big Eye on this "Cold" because I remember in Florida that we thought that you just had a cold and remember how that turned out?
I woke up around dawn this morning sneezing my head off, a cough and scratchy throat. I remember getting up and putting a box of tissues next to my bed. I figured I was coming down with a cold but thought if I ignored it then it would go away lol.

My yarn is supposed to be here today. I have 3 packages that is supposed to come today. With the address error I really hope they find their way here.

Have a great day and I will talk to you soon. xoxoxoxo

Patty McDonald said...

Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff. Have a blessed day.

Robyn said...

Oh Ms Edna, I"m so sorry you're not feeling well.. Hunker down, keep nice and warm, lots of fluids and hopefully you'll be in good shape in a few days..I spent the day fighting a migraine because the weather has changed so drastically.. We went from 80 degrees yesterday to 27 tonight!! It rained and poured all night and morning and the wind was just wicked...

Thank you for the information about the pocket shall and that organization that I will look up! I Love to crochet just ran out of ideas and who to give it all too!...

Sending you warm hugs....

Rita said...

Hope you feel better real soon! :)

Theresa said...

Feel better my friend! I don't like a cold and hope yours leaves quickly!
HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hot cocoa and a lay down sound great, Edna, so do enjoy yourself and indulge. What a great suggestion for those who like to knit and crochet with no one to give their creations to as Operation Gratitude is a site I will pass along to a friend.

Steve Reed said...

So sorry about your cold! I was glad to see in your subsequent post that you're feeling better.