Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Nation Of Many Languages

January 11, 2022

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 9F degrees.  Brrr!   Oh Spring, where art thou?  At four a.m. it was snowing again here.  I dozed off, and sometime while I was sleeping, the snow stopped.  Thank you, thank you.

Today will be another quiet day.  When it's cold like this, there's not much for me to do except to watch TV and crochet.  Or maybe read a book.  Last night, I did start reading a new book that I have in my Kindle library.  I think maybe I'll try finishing it today.  I used to read a lot.  I miss it. 

My cold is playing havoc on my appetite.  I don't seem to have much of an appetite these days.  On my least hungry days, I make sure to eat at least two meals.  I don't want to get sick.  

Here's an interesting map that I borrowed from the web.  It shows the different languages spoken across our country.  You may have to enlarge the image to read all of it.

The mailman just left so I need to be going outside to collect the mail.  Hopefully, he left me a package of yarn.  Afterwards I think I'll make myself a cup of hot cocoa.  I always have an appetite for something to drink.  This is good.  I think.

Now I'm off to get started on this new day.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Terra said...

Brrr, stay warm. Hot cocoa is a good choice in cold weather. Yesterday was 68 degrees on my patio, a nice day for a brisk walk outside with my dog.

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, it is quite cold with you there. Good thing you try to eat at least two meals, or if you don;t have a great appetite, try it with small portions sprinkled over the day.
It's good you can read every once in a while.
Today i did change the duvet covers and all. Tomorrow is laundry day then.
Stay warm, drink enough, and if not much of an appetite try to find things you really like(makes it a bit easier to eat, LOL)
have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Mary Ann Roesler said...

We do have a very large Hmong community here and many areas of Wis. Most of the very elderly do not speak English but the younger are not marrying so young and going on to schooling. Working as nurses, teachers, realtors, etc.

Rita said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Steve Reed said...

Interesting map! I was confused until I saw "besides English and Spanish"!

Theresa said...

Brrrrr, I won't complain about my temps:) they are not nearly as cold as yours and we don't have snow. Although the weather folks are predicting a tad this weekend. It will only be a dusting if it happens and most likely won't stick. Enjoy your day and continue to feel better my friend, HUGS!