Monday, January 10, 2022

Prepared Meals

January 10, 2022

Good morning.  Tis another cold, quiet day here in New England.  The sun is shining, and it's 29F degrees.  I'll be glad when it shines warm enough to make the temperature go up.  

Well, yesterday I ate another meal from Freshly.  I enjoyed the broccoli, even though it was chopped to bits and there was no taste of garlic with it.  The chicken was just not my cup of tea.

I'm not saying that the food isn't good.  It's just not the type of food that I would normally eat.   I don't cover my food with fancy sauces, and I don't shred my veggies so much that they aren't recognizable.  Why did they shred the broccoli so much?  It took away some of the flavor.

I think the idea of home-cooked meals being delivered is a good idea.  But you should first find a way to check the food that each of these companies gives you.  Make sure it's something you will enjoy.

This cold of mine is a lingerer.  It just doesn't want to go away.  Years ago, I used to get a cold in the Fall and it would go away in the Spring.  I sure hope this one isn't going to stick around till Spring!

Hopefully, the yarn that I need for this new afghan will arrive in the next day or two.  I'd like to get back to working on the afghan.  My hands get restless when they aren't holding a crochet hook.

Now I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I think you will never get all prepared meals the way you really like it, but if you can find a company that comes pretty near, stick to that. (but how many of them are there to try out???? LOL). Of course slef cooked always tastes better, but sometimes not to have to do that, is nice too.
Today was grocerie shopping( just a bit) tomorrow I think Jan and I will change the duvet covers. Hope your yarn will arrive soon, I must start knitting again too.
Have a lovely day, please try to get rid of that cold, I think its visit was long enough.
Hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You're right about those cold temps, Edna, and it will be getting colder in the next day or so. We have no place to go and all day to get there, so we will be inside and making a pot of homemade fish chowder for the first time. I may even make some homemade biscuits to serve with it. Hope you are keeping warm and comfy and feeling better day-by-day.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I would be disappointed with chopped up vegetables too :(
Hope the cold weather gets better, we've been inundated with snow and now rain, it makes you want to stay inside all day long.
Hope your yarn gets delivered, and it will keep you busy creating.
Hugs,
~Jo

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,

Im sorry you're still not feeling well... My husband has been down with something as well since Friday.. We had a home test kit for covid and we did it Saturday, it was negative so not sure what he has. He is just starting to feel a tiny bit better tonight but still under the weather..

Sorry also about the meal being a bit disappointing as well. I guess these home delivery services are good for people who are really busy or for those who can not longer cook or who could never cook anything except boiled water ( LOL).. There are other companies out there that are supposed to be pretty good. I could never justify the price though and after reading what they did to your broccoli I'm kind of glad I didn't spend the money to find out about them...

it's gotten super cold here in South Carolina tonight. We are dropping down to the 20'a tonight.. Yikes!! I like cold and I like snow but I don't like it this cold anymore. Yesterday was a perfect weather day here. It was sunny and 71!....

Theresa said...

I haven't tried the meals but it is a good idea! Hope you feel all better soon! HUGS!

Annsterw said...

WOWSA! 9 degrees F?? I was complaining about our 21 degrees F. LOL! Stay safe and warm Miss Edna! HUGS