Monday, January 24, 2022

Designs In The Snow

January 24, 2022

Good morning.  It's sunny and 26F degrees.  We had a dusting of snow during the night.  Just enough to leave a thin layer of white everywhere.  

Gosh, I woke up really late this morning.  I dozed off around seven this morning, and just woke up a few minutes ago.  (three and a half hours)  I need to figure out how to put these hours of good sleep back into the nighttime.

The new food came yesterday.  The company is Sunbasket.  I had one of the meals last evening, and it was good.  Now I'm looking forward to tonight's meal.  

Did you know that Bees live less than forty days?  I didn't know this.  And yet, they are so very important to our lives.

    The mailman just delivered the mail.  After he drove out of the yard, I noticed his tire marks in the driveway.  I had to take a photo to share.  I've never seen tire patterns like this before.

Gosh, the morning is flying by so quickly.  Does that mean that Spring will come soon?  I have no more news so I think I'll enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a super day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Suemn said...

Wow! I didn't know that bees only lived 40 days. That's surprising to me. From the tire tracks,it looks like the mailman drives like me. ha! Enjoy the rest of your day Edna.

smiekeltje said...

amazing isn;t it, bees ive 40 days but have such an important impact on nature and our food.
It still is grey here and not feeling nice outside, it will stay like that some days more. Hopeless.
Glad your new meal was tasty. Enjoy today's meal, let us know what you had?
whenever you have a good sleep, cherish it.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Oh Goodness Edna I am saddened by the amount of time a bee lives, they do
much for our planet to live so short of time.
It looks like a giant heart in the photo, and I had a great big happy feeling that helped my broken heart about the bees.
I am glad that you enjoyed your meal. Karyn has a friend that orders meals. His comes as all the ingredients needed to cook the meals and when Karyn lived closer to him, he would cook for her, and she loved all of the meals. They were a bit fancy for me though.
Have a awesome day my friend. xoxoxo

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I don't think your tracks are predicting an early spring, but I love the heart shapes. I base this on the fact that with the wind chill we should be about -21 below zero tonight. Stay warm. We had a few inches of snow for the last 3 nights. Sunshine during the day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No snow here, Edna, not even a dusting, and enjoyed seeing the tracks the mailman's truck left. These are perfect for hearts Day next month, but won't be around till then! Glad you are getting your rest, but like you said it would be better at night.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you like the new food delivery company!