Thursday, September 2, 2021

Hello September!

September 2, 2021

Good morning.  It has been raining hard here all through the night, and it is just now slowing down. (in my area)  We are having flash flood warnings and some tornado warnings toward the Cape and the Islands.  There are a lot of power outages.  (not in my area so far)

I'm watching the Weather Channel, and this weather lady in a super tight dress is saying that the rain has moved on out but the flood warnings are still in place.  I open my door and the rain is still coming down.  It makes me wonder who makes up the weather maps and forecasts for this weather lady.  

September is starting off rather feisty.  Let's hope the rest of the month is a bit calmer.  Here's the September page from my calendar.

How about some happy news.  I have pictures of some of the new yarns.  They are (top to bottom:  0005 Merry Multi, 0004 Americana Multi, 0003 Lullaby Multi, 0002 Impressionist Multi and 0001 Harvest Multi.  I ordered some of the 0002 and 0003 for baby blankets, and some of the 0005 because I just couldn't resist it.





I also ordered yarn for an afghan, and I'll have photos of that yarn when I get to starting that afghan.  I'll be busy for quite a while now.

It's now 6:48 a.m. and the rain here is just about done.  There are only a few little drops coming down.  However, the wind is rather perky.  In a few hours, this should all turn into a really nice day.  (except for flooding)

Now I've switched channels (on the TV) to Create TV, where they are showing how to make art with paper towels.  First you wipe up paint spills with the paper towel, let it dry and smooth it out.  (press with iron if necessary)  You can put paper appliques on it, sew pieces together, and even quilt it.  So many fun things to do with it.  For them.  Not me.  I am not impressed with messy paper art.  But I do enjoy watching these folks getting so excited with their crafts.  (plus I learn something new)

Now it's time for me to head for the kitchen and make some breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I was just watching the weather up where you are. SO much rain all over the place causing flooding. Praying yours is over. WHY? do the weather ladies wear those "shrink-wrapped" dresses, jeez! Love the colorful yarns, can't wait to see the pretty things you make. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Nice yarn! The paper towel art sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I heard there was a lot of rain and flooding up your way! Glad you're doing OK.

smiekeltje said...

Happ to read you are okay with the rain and you have no flooding. Oh, those yarns are delicious!!Very much like the first, of course teh baby color yarns are so sweet and the last is really something for Autumn, beautiful too. Gosh, you have lots to do.
We have the change of weather now, till now(later afernoon) it was clousy and not too warm now sun is coming out and tomorrow should be already a lot better.
I admire the folks who can do a lot with paper, but I wouldn;t start with it, not my cup of tea, haha. But those crafty programs are always fun to watch.
Have a great day, stay safe,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Love the new yarn selections. I can't wait to see what you crochet with each of them. No rain is expected here today but it should arrive in the early evening hours. I should mow my lawn today.

Laurel Wood said...

I hope the rain has stopped and that you are enjoying your day. I love your new yarn! Mildred

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rain headed your way will be gentle, unlike what folks saw in Waverly Tennessee :(
Such beautiful colors in the yarn, I can only imagine how pretty they will look, once created.
Stay safe and dry Ms. Edna.
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy September to you as well, Edna, and I am glad that fall is on the way with much cooler temps. We also had a lot of overnight rain but no flooding and now the air seems much freshed. The new yarns are lovely and that last photo looks like fall and the first like Christmas!