Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tis A Beautiful Day

September 7, 2021

Good morning.  Today is beautiful.  Sunshine all day and temps in the high seventies.  Simply scrumptious.  

To my Jewish friends and family, L'shanah Tovah.  Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, began at sundown last night.  It is a celebration of the creation of the world, and a time for prayer, good deeds, reflecting on past mistakes and making amends with others.

I've done a little research and here's a list of upcoming holidays: (per our calendar)

54 days till Halloween, 65 days till Veterans Day, 79 days till Thanksgiving, 82 days till Hanukkah,  109 days till Christmas, 116 days till New Years Day.

It almost looks like we have lots of time to prepare for these holidays.  But rest assured, time is going to fly by and mess up our good intentions.  At least it does every year for me.  I start early, but somehow time manages to get ahead of me anyway.😕

I guess I still haven't mastered the art of doing all my shopping online.  Somehow it just isn't the same as being in the stores and seeing everything up close and personal.  I do miss the actual shopping.  But, like most other folks, I'll get used to this new way of doing things soon.

Here's an interesting picture that I borrowed from the web.  I thought that folks with cats might enjoy seeing this.  It's such a great idea.

It's almost noon and I'm going to have a bowl of elbow macaroni and meat sauce.  It was delicious last night and it always tastes better the next day.  Before I go, let me share another beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.

Be kind to one another.  It costs nothing to be kind.  Now I'm off to make lunch and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It was a beautiful day here too.
Time is always running out on us, somehow.
It looks a lot, 109 days till Christmas, but we are soooooo worng LOL.
Glad you had a beautiful day, and yes, shopping "live"is somehow better, but not always possible.
We had a rather busy day, preparing for the curtain-man coming tomorrow. I did wash the windows outside on the front, Jan did the finishing bits on taking of the masking tape and cleaning up small bits. Now I am glad to sit on the couch soon and watch tv.
Have a happy day, my friend
Hugs
Kyra

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and so informative ~ yep ~ time does get away from us and I agree shopping online can sometimes be just as confusing as shopping in a store ~ Enjoy the good weather ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Rita said...

Love the cat coop!! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Oh no, Edna, so few days left in the year before these major holidays! Stores already have Halloween and Thanksgiving decor, so Christmas items will be close behind, yikes! We do far less shopping than years past and in a way that is sad as I always enjoyed shopping for special things. Now, as the grands get older we are getting one of two things, often tech-related since they are at that age. Yes, the advice to be kind is the best and always worh remembering and repeating.