Sunday, September 12, 2021

Breathing Better Already

September 12, 2021

Good morning.  My phone app says that it will be sunny all day today with temps in the upper seventies, maybe even eighty degrees.  Super!  It's a great day for a baseball playoff game.  Kevin's baseball team is playing today for the trophy.  Good luck fellas!

Friday, the fellow from the oxygen company finally showed up with a new concentrator for me.  It was five minutes before five o'clock in the afternoon.  I guess that's as close to a morning call that I'll ever get.    I had him leave the new machine on the porch.  

In the morning, I had put the old concentrator out on my porch, and hooked my cannula up to my small portable concentrator.  My breathing improved immediately.  I brought the new machine inside and hooked it up.  It's working just fine, thank you.  And I'm feeling so much better now.

You know how I love to watch the old TV programs?  Well, I came across a very interesting photo.  One of my favorite programs was Leave It To Beaver.  This is a photo of Wally Cleaver, all grown up.  My goodness, now I'm really feeling rather old!  Even so, he is rather a handsome old man!  (and he still looks like Wally)

And here's another photo showing more of the cast grown up. (April 13, 2013)

Yesterday morning, Deanne and her friend Caroline took part in a Freedom Walk.  You girls are special.  Thank you.  (photo - Caroline on left, Deanne on right) This photo was taken by the photographer for the local newspaper.  It will most likely be published in today's paper.  

My box of new yarn came Friday afternoon.  Woo Hoo!  I couldn't wait to open it.  Oh my, how pretty!  I immediately started a new baby crib blanket.  Ooooooh!  I love it!  And I think I've decided on what to make with the Christmasy colored yarn.  I'll let you know what it is as soon as I decide definitely. 

Now it's time for me to get busy and start this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

5 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Tony Dow is looking pretty good, isn't he? Glad you got a new oxygen machine. What a relief that must be!

Theresa said...

I love old shows too and Leave it to Beaver was a fave! Wally looks good to me:) I am SO happy that you got a new machine, very important to be able to breathe! Enjoy this beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Glad you've got your new oxygen machine; I used to care for a young man who needed one and know how much difference it made to his life.

Rita said...

I loved Leave It To Beaver! "Wally" still looks the same and so does "Eddie".

So glad you can breathe better again--whoohoo!! And you got your new yarn, too. Have a great week. :)

carol l mckenna said...

So glad you are breathing better with your arrival of your machine ~

Great history and photos of Leave It to Beaver ~ enjoy ~ Xo


Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)