Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day 2021

September 6, 2021

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be nice with temps in the sixties and seventies, with maybe some showers later this morning.  After lunch, the sun should be shining.  All this, according to my phone app.

Today is Labor Day, a patriotic holiday to pay tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers.  It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894.

Last night I watched all of Season Two of "Making The Cut."  (a fashion design program)  Now I'm all set for when Season Three begins next month.  I'd love to watch some of the last few seasons of Project Runway, but it is on Peacock and I don't understand how that works yet.  

While I was watching TV, I put a few more rows on both of the pocket wraps that I'm working on.  I just might be able to finish both of them by the end of the month.  That would be nice because my new yarn will be here then and I'll be wanting to start making something new.  

I found this delightful image on the web and I just have to share it.  It's so me and it gives me a big giggle every time I look at it.


Yesterday I did not make my meat sauce and pasta, so that is my top priority project for today.  Plus I have another big bag full of junk mail to go through.  That should keep me busy for the rest of the day.

Now I think I'll make some breakfast and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have a good day my friend! It's a nice 'catch up' day around here too!

Steve Reed said...

I used to love "Project Runway" when I lived in the U.S. I don't think we can get it here -- besides, isn't Tim Gunn gone now? He was one of the best things about the show.

smiekeltje said...

Labor Day is here too,(or something very like it) in the Netherlands. But it is on 1st of May.
Oh, Making the Cut coud be about the same as The Great Sewing Bee on BBC. I liked to watch it.
It was a wonderful sunny day here, and Jan and I did finish the painting of the Garden doors outside. Yeah, one thing done.
You have somany crochet things going on , where do you find the time for them ??????? LOL
A day later the pasta and meat sauce is nog big deal. Hope it will taste well.
Have a fantastic day,
Hugs
Kyra

Rita said...

Hope you got your pasta made.
Love the witch! :)

Barbara said...

The graphic about the frogs is so good! I love it! Don't we all just have days like that?!!!

Theresa said...

It's a good thing I can't turn people into frogs either:) My list wouldn't be too long, but there are a few! It is nice here this morning. The sun is shining and a little cooler. I plan on enjoying this day! Have a great day my friend, HUGS!