Sunday, September 26, 2021

Who Get's The Money?

September 26, 2021

Good morning.  Tis gray and damp today.  That's okay because we needed a bit more rain.  It poured on and off during the night.  My phone app says that we should be having some sunshine later today with temps in the seventies.  

Friday I did go and have my Pfizer Booster shot, plus I got my Flu shot at the same time.  So, I guess I'm all shot up for quite a while now.  So far, I've had no reactions from the shots other than the fact that I was very tired Friday night and all day yesterday.  

I've mostly been napping and watching TV.  Today I seem to be a bit perkier.  That's good news to me.  I have a lot of crocheting to finish up before the end of October.  I'm trying to make that my personal deadline for having all my holiday projects and shopping done.  I've made a pretty good dent so far, but I still have a lot to finish.

While watching TV, I try not to pay attention to the commercials.  However, I did watch one of them about life insurance.  It was about having elderly folks with $100,000 or more in life insurance to cash the policies in and use the money for things that might make their daily life easier.  The spokesperson for the insurance companies said "Over 90% of life insurance policies end without paying a benefit."  How can this be?  What happens to the policies under $100,000?  Who gets the money?

I don't have a big policy like this, but one of these days I just might do a bit of research to see what does happen to these policies.  This could be quite interesting.

I don't remember if I posted a photo of the new Happy Birthday stamps so I'll post it today just in case.  I'll use these when I mail out my birthday cards.  If I did post this before, please humor me.

Today I'm hoping to read my new book for a while and then maybe work on my crochet projects for a bit.  All of this, of course, after I catch up on my blog reading.  Yesterday I just didn't have the gumption to do much of anything.  

Definition of gumption:  enterprise, initiative -- "lacked the gumption to try."

The earliest known uses of this word are found in English and Scottish dialects.  (rumblegumption and rumgumption)  By the early 1900's  "gumption" began to appear in American English texts as a direct synonym of courage or get up and go.  It's an interesting and fun word.

Now it's time for me to head for the kitchen to see what's for breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Most life insurance donot end in not paying a dime in benefit. Only term insurance can do that. 10, 20, or 30 year term is just what it is and used to pay off your financial debts incase of death, like a home and other financial obligations. A family member (husband, wife, children) should have a debt free home to continue the same lifestyle before the bread winner passes on. You will never outlive a whole life insurance policy and that is the policy that is used for burial expenses. I really don't see how you can cash in a term policy because they have no cash value, All life insurance have very little cash value. Life Insurance Should be bought for family protection. Now there is a term insurance where if you outlive the policy you can get the money back that you paid into it. Very few companies offer that plan. The length of term insurance is based on what age you are when you purchased the coverage. For example if you are age 50, you can only purchase a 20 year term plan. All term insurance should end by the age of 70. If you are 60 you can buy a 10 year term and after the age of 60 it's not offered. The older you are the higher the premium is for the plan. No I donot have a 100,000 dollar life insurance policy.(lol) I hope this will help you.

Angelicastar said...

By the way that 9.95 plan that this guy Jonathan is always on tv doing colonial penn commercial is only for $1,000. Each unit is 1000 dollars. If you want a 10,000 dollar policy it will cost you 99.50 plus any policy fees if any. They never tell the truth about Insurance. I did and was out there doing it for 29 years. I didn't hide anything and told it all to the clients.

Buttercup said...

Love the stamps! Glad you got the booster (and your flu shot) and are doing well. I'm a Moderna girl and will have to wait awhile for mine. The biggest reaction I've had to any vaccine is to last year's flu shot. I got a bad case of the chills, so I'm putting off getting mine for a few days when I can rest, if needed. Take care!

smiekeltje said...

Great ou are all protected with vaccines. If the only reaction is feeling a bit tired for a couple of days, that's not bad at all.
Oh, you have to be so carefull with life insurances and the promises that are made. I am glad I don;t have one to worry about.
I think I will have to go through the stock for Christmaspresents to see if I need anything more. And perhaps already start slowly wrapping. I do want to be ready at time to send things off.
I hope you are feeling again much better than the last couple of days after the shots. Take care, take some relax time in between doing your projects.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Achima Abelard said...

We would like to acknowledge the exceptional service that we received during the entire refinancing process. Mr Pedro professionalism and knowledge of the loan company was impressive and truly appreciated. Mr Pedro is a reliable loan officer.In the past, we have had experience with several other banks and have found the process frustrating and tedious. Mr Pedro went above and beyond to ensure that all of our needs were met and that everything was handled thoroughly and efficiently. We have and will continue to recommend him in the future.”Mr Pedro Contact Email pedroloanss@gmail.com