Friday, February 21, 2020

Oooh! Wild Berry Pancakes!

February 21, 2020

Good morning.  It's six o'clock and I've been up for a couple hours.  I thought it best if I stayed up.  If I tried to catch a few more winks, I'd probably sleep right through Pogo's doctor appointment.  I wanted to give Pogo a bath last night but it has been so cold and I don't want him to catch a cold.  I hope the doctor understands this.

I think I've figured out one big reason why it has been getting so cold in here this year.  Every year, the porch is closed up, and the screen door is also covered with heavy duty plastic.  This year, we did not cover the screen door.  Therefore, all the cold air goes right in to the porch and tries to come in here via the covered up air conditioner.  I won't make this mistake next winter. 

Yesterday, I called my tax accountant and got the answering machine.  I left a message, and he called me back last evening.  He broke his hip and is in the hospital.  Oh my, this is so awful.  He's not a young fellow, so this is going to set him back for quite a while.  Ron, I'm sending prayers that you heal quickly.  Today I will call his office again and see if someone else in the office can do my taxes.

I can't chat for long this morning.  I have things to do before getting dressed for Pogo's appointment.  Gosh, we're not looking forward to going out in the cold.  The temperature right now is 14F degrees, and with the wind chill it is 5F degrees.  It might get up into the high twenties later today.  Brrrr!

It's almost planting time for lots of folks, so I thought this might be a great help in figuring what to plant to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.


Plus I thought this might be a nice way to make some different flavored pancakes.  (also borrowed from the web)  Those Wild Berry pancakes sound delicious!


Now I really must get going here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I hope you stay warm out and about with Pogo! I buy those packets for muffins but didn't know the pancake trick, thanks! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Bundle up! I hope Pogo's appointment goes well!

Sue said...

Hope Pogo had a great report from his dr. give him a hug for me.
The pancake idea sounds like a winner , I am thinking maybe pancakes this evening since we had a large lunch after leaving Pt this morning.
I am sorry about your accountant's injury, I will be praying for him also, and that you will find someone to help with your taxes.
Have a blessed weekend.
Blessings,
Sue