Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Getting A Wicked Late Start

February 5, 2020

Good afternoon.  Yup, I'm really getting a late start today.  I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, so I made up for it this morning.  While I couldn't sleep, I read for a while, then I dug out some cotton yarn and started working on a lapghan.  I'm really liking how it is coming out.


Pogo and I had our breakfast around seven o'clock this morning, and then I fell right to sleep.  That explains why I am so late with this post.  (which will be short today)  I haven't given any updates lately on Nutmeg, Deanne's newest kitten.  Up to now, she's been hissing at Sassy and Pickles.  (her dog and kitty sisters)

Yesterday was the first time that Nutmeg and Pickles decided to try playing with each other.  So far, so good.  Here's photos of Pickles in their new playhouse, and Nutmeg taking over Sassy's new bed.



You can see the lines in the first photo where I had to lighten it so that you could see into the house.  Sorry about that.  I'm still learning my way around Photoshop CC.

As much as I want to sit here and crochet today, I have to make myself work on the tax stuff.  The crocheting this evening will be my reward.  I am so terrible.  I start to work on them, then I let myself get sidelined.  Can you tell taxes just aren't my favorite thing to do?

Right now, I'm going to do some blog reading before getting started on the "not so fun" stuff.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Annsterw said...

Glad you opted to get your rest as it is so super important and other things can wait!!! The cats are adorable - glad they are settling in together!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Sweet kittys! Some days are so hard to get motivated. I was cooking pancakes and bacon and ham for Rebekah and I. Noelle said Harrison spent the night. I said come on over. They did. Now she is napping. We have the adjustable bed, it was mandatory as per Rebekah our middle. Noelle is going back to her old job, oh it is a long sad story but she hurt her back. No insurance until next month. SoI said do the zero gravity on the bed with the massage. She fell asleep like a log! Harrison is watching Ryan's world videos after his quick nap. I am blogging. I am loving the quiet time except for the pesty pups.
I love a black and white kitty and my girl LuLu is a tri color chihuahua with the darker brown dominant. HUGS

Steve Reed said...

NO ONE likes taxes. I bet even accountants don't like taxes.

I like your lapghan! (A new word for me!)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your crochet looks so pretty and love your kitty pics! Enjoy your afternoon! Try not to worry about all of this! And I'll try not to either! heehee! Hugs!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cute kitties and hope that in time they will all get along, Edna. And no one ever likes to work on taxes. Thank goodness it’s only once a year and we take our paperwork to an accountant.