Sunday, February 9, 2020

Another New Book!

February 9, 2020

Good morning.  It's only 6:27 am, and it is still dark outside.  I've been on the phone for a couple hours now trying to find out what is wrong with my cable TV picture.  It went out around 4 am, and it hasn't come back on yet.  It's annoying.

Friday afternoon, right after lunch, I started to do some serious work on my tax stuff, and worked on it until around 7:30 in the evening.  Then I put it away for the night.  After supper, I got to crochet for a while, and do a bit of reading about Abraham Lincoln.

Yesterday morning, Deanne came by and took Pogo and me shopping at Ocean State Job Lot.  Oh, what fun we had!  The only thing I could not get was the bird food.  I'll have to try getting it at the store closer to here.

I did find a new book that looked really interesting.  This one is called "EAT THIS, NOT THAT!"  It's good information to have for anyone trying to eat healthy.  There are other books like this available on Amazon.  (That's the only place I checked.  I'm sure it can be found on other sites.)


I'll post a few of the tips from the book every now and then in case anyone is interested.  Here's one that I did not know.


Most of the items in the book also list the sodium content.  This is the part that interests me.   One of my favorite pasta dishes is Fettuccini Alfredo.  Note the huge difference in calories between these two dishes, and the much lower sodium count in the Fettuccini Alfredo meal.


After that, we stopped at a Dollar Store and I got me a new batch of word find puzzle books, plus a few other odds and ends.  Pogo picked up a box of valentines so that he can send a few to his favorite doggie and human friends.  This was a really nice outing for Pogo and me. 

Deanne's update on the new kitten is that Nutmeg is a Piggie!  She eats everything in sight.  If Deanne won't give her more food, Nutmeg goes running to Eddie and purrs hungrily in his face so that he will go get her more food.  This is going to be one really fat kitty cat!  But, she is ever so lovable.  She just loves to cuddle. 

That wicked wind storm that came through here caused a lot of problems.  Every town and city around here lost electric power in part, or most, of the homes and businesses.  We were lucky not to lose the power in my part of the town. 

Now I think I'll refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi there! I have been out of town and disconnected from blogs all week, but I am back:) I hope you get your TV situation figured out, gotta have my TV. I have that book, it is a really good one! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh the cable carriers are annoying. Anytime we get snow half the channels do not work and the rest do! So silly. So expensive! UGH!
That LizzyT recipe makes me so mad. I was able to get in there once and than it wants you to sign your life away before you can get recipes. But it was super simple. It was fresh strawberries and fresh whipping cream. You just slice those berries and whip the cream with a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar and a tsp. vanilla. I saw a similar one but they all used crumbled oreo cookies.
It probably does not fall into the healthy eating recipe category but it was so easy. In the summer I would try it with fresh peaches too or even other berries. My hubby does not eat peaches because as a kid, he over ate some and a few were still green! Boy he was so sick! It is funny some of us overdo the silliest things. I guess we were all hungry and greedy. hahaha
I hope you and Pogo have a great week. Hope you found the birdseed you needed and you stay warm and snuggly. We have lots of snow and cold so I stay close to home. We cooked today and enjoyed the weekend. Yesterday we saw Brody and BLake. Brody is under the weather but we helped Jeremy with Blake so he could contend with Brody. Addy was out of school all week, flu bug. Baby Blake was fine.
I love stopping by and need to get better coming over daily.I appreciate your visits.
Take care
HUGS

Steve Reed said...

I love a good BLT. I never thought of it as the healthy option, but I guess everything's relative!