Monday, February 24, 2020

Just Twenty Four Days Till Spring!

February 24, 2020

Good morning.  It's early, but today is supposed to be a magnificent day!  Temps should reach almost to sixty degrees.  Of course. after today Winter will be back.  BUT, Spring is only twenty four days away.  Just twenty four tiny little days!  Woo Hoo!

Well, the colors for the skirts has been decided.  Jazzy will get Golden Rod Yellow and Lilah will get Flamingo.  Kathy, you picked the right colors!  Last evening, I ordered the yarn and the knitting needles.  These will be packed away in my suitcase.  Now I can't wait to get started on this new project.  

I am working on one of the ponchos.  So far, it is coming along nicely.  However, today I really need to buckle down and get some things done around here.  I know next Sunday morning is going to come and I'll have a whole list of things that I did not get done.  Ah, the blessings of old age!  

Did you ever meet a total stranger, and all of a sudden you felt like you'd known this person your whole life?  Yesterday afternoon, a couple came by to see about a room for their adult son (who was working) and as soon as they came into the house I felt like I already knew them.  

These folks were the same age as my children, and they live in the next town over.  The husband went to the same elementary school that I went to, and grew up very close to the street that I lived on until I was almost thirteen.  I must say, we sat at the kitchen table and gabbed for hours.  Interesting.

I have an update on the flu and wicked colds that have been keeping everyone in Deanne's house sick for the last few weeks.  They are finally getting better.  Whatever viruses that came around were really nasty.  

Here is an image that I borrowed from the web to share with you.  It's message is powerful, yet simple.  If you see anyone or anything being abused, don't walk away, do something.  Please.


And here's another little bit that I borrowed from web.  It's such a happy thought.  Give it a try and see if it doesn't lift you from the doldrums on a rainy day.  


Now I think I'll finish my coffee and find some mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Up early, it is a rainy day so I will find my cute boots and jump in the puddles ☔️ A blessing to find new/old friends. Happy to hear that the flu/colds are moving on out. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Annsterw said...

LOVE both of those! It hurts my heart to see something living suffer!!! I have started trying to embrace every day like it is my last! Trying is the key word! HUGS Miss Edna!

smiekeltje said...

I can imagine you had a nice chat with the parents who came by for the room for their son.
Will he be tenant or isn;t that decided yet?
Glad to hear Deanne's family is getting over the flu now. I really hope we will not catch it!
Do every day a bit of what you really have to do and you will get there! But i know, it is hard sometimes to get started.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Sue said...

looking forward to seeing the skirts when finished.
I agree we should never walk away or turn our heads, when animals or humans are being abused. Our Jack was abused and dropped off at our farm, I promised him that no-one would ever do that again, oh how I miss him! I am even tearing up as I write, give pogo a hug for me.
So happy your family is better, this flu/viruses can terrible.
Have a great day getting into mischief.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I still always walk through puddles even at my age, Edna. It's always good advice and also cleans off your shoes :-)