Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A Weed Is A Weed Is A Beautiful Flower

February 4, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray today, and my phone app says that we can expect rain.  Today and for the next few days.  The TV weather forecaster says that the rain we get later in the week could bring flooding with it.  We'll have to wait and see. 

I'm hoping the sun shines soon.  I could use some energy.  Today or tomorrow I really should take my little laptop downtown to the computer store to have it set up.  First I'll check over the list I made to be sure that everything they will need is all together.   I'm also making a list of questions to ask them.  You know, like how to shut off the touch pad, how to install programs and email, etc. 

Next week, I think I should make a phone call to arrange for a rental car to use while we're in Florida.  After that, it will be time to start packing our bag.  It's amazing how quickly time is flying by. 

Speaking of time going by so fast, I borrowed this picture from the web to share here.  It has a strong message, one that we all should heed.  Every day with our loved ones is a gift to be cherished.


Pretty soon it will be Spring and a lot of folks will begin spraying their yards for pests and weeds.  Please think twice about that.  The spraying is killing a lot of things other than bugs and weeds.  It's killing birds and bees, and the food that the bees will need to survive. 

Mainly, dandelions.  I don't know why so many folks don't like dandelions.  They are beautiful and sunny, and they are the main food for bees until all the plants begin to blossom.  Here's another image that I borrowed from the web.  Remember, no bees, no us.


Now I'm off to watch a bit of MeTV.  I love this channel because it has so many great old programs.  Right now I'm watching "In The Heat Of The Night."  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Annsterw said...

I am in agreement with you on the weeds Miss Edna! When my grandmother was alive she had a beautiful weed with blue flowers on it growing between the cobblestones near her porch. Every time we went to visit that year my mother and her sisters would say it was silly to leave ti there that she or they should pull it because it is a weed. My Grandma, Bubby (we called her), would say "Leave it alone!!! It worked so hard to get there and grow and the flowers are way too pretty to be a weed." It lived that whole Spring, Summer and Fall until the next winter came and I never forgot that! I LOVE weeds!!! She also said "Don't kill spiders" and she would trap them and let them go outside...I cannot agree with that one though - LOL! HA HA!!! Thanks for triggering that wonderful memory Miss Edna!! HUGS

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We seem to be having the same weather pattern over the next few days, wet and more wet :) Our trusty weather man has even predicted a mixture of rain and snow for us on Saturday, after several days of reaching 71 degrees, unbelievable.
We don't spray the dandelions or weeds any longer, just hoe, hoe, and hoe !
Hopefully the bees will be back this spring, the welcome mat is already out....
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I am so glad that we no longer have to mow the weeds which we had in plentiful supply when we lived in VA. But, you are absolutely correct that many of these are needed for bees to continue in existence. Hope your new laptop gets set up and good to have your questions ready.

LV said...

Some of the weeds are more beautiful than the regular flowers. Weather in Texas is so crazy. Some of my flowers are blooming, especially the roses.